The Student Room Group

can you transfer from a foundation science year to a good uni? :(( help ahhh!

guyss i am going to be doing a foundation science year at UWE this year. has anyone else transferred to a top uni from a foundation course? i really want to apply for the first year of Kings, UCL, manchester, cardiff, southampton, queens etc :biggrin:
Original post by princessBG
guyss i am going to be doing a foundation science year at UWE this year. has anyone else transferred to a top uni from a foundation course? i really want to apply for the first year of Kings, UCL, manchester, cardiff, southampton, queens etc :biggrin:

Yes, im the best person to answer this :smile:

I went to Loughborough and got offers from Manchester and Durham for physics. Oxford, Warwick, Bristol would have considered me if I didnt try transfer after the UCAS deadline.

I wrote about it all here http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2055250
Reply 2
Original post by TunaTunnel
Yes, im the best person to answer this :smile:

I went to Loughborough and got offers from Manchester and Durham for physics. Oxford, Warwick, Bristol would have considered me if I didnt try transfer after the UCAS deadline.

I wrote about it all here http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2055250

oo i read about that! that's amazing well done! i really want to go to a RGU in london :/ hopefully i'll be able to :frown:( also i was reading somewhere that subjects with the same ucas code enable you to transfer between them. do you see that as true?
oo i read about that! that's amazing well done! i really want to go to a RGU in london :/ hopefully i'll be able to :frown:( also i was reading somewhere that subjects with the same ucas code enable you to transfer between them. do you see that as true?

I doubt Imperial would consider, UCL, KCL, QMUL should though. No you cant actually transfer, such a process doesnt exist. You have to drop out and apply again.
Reply 4
I doubt Imperial would consider, UCL, KCL, QMUL should though. No you cant actually transfer, such a process doesnt exist. You have to drop out and apply again.

really? i've emailed KCL and QMUL! st georges refused though. yeah that's what i thought.. :smile:
really? i've emailed KCL and QMUL! st georges refused though. yeah that's what i thought.. :smile:

QMUL has its own foundation year, I think KCL does too. Any uni that has a foundation year pretty much accepts transfers.
Reply 6
QMUL has its own foundation year, I think KCL does too. Any uni that has a foundation year pretty much accepts transfers.

Okay i hope so, thank you very much!

Quick Reply

Latest