The Student Room Group

Checking Bank Details

I'm just wondering what happens if you put in the incorrect bank details? It isn't likely that I have done so but I have Dyscalculia so I'm a little paranoid that I have entered my details incorrectly. Can anyone tell me what happens if this is the case when it comes to receiving student finance payments? Will they contact me or will I just not receive that payment? Again probably just being paranoid but some reassurance would help thanks in advance :smile:
The Student Loans Company would have no way of knowing that your bank details are incorrect, so the money would be sent to the incorrect account. Could you get someone else to double check your details for you?
Reply 2
And just to add, if the money goes into someone else's bank account because you've input the details incorrectly, then the bank have no authority to get it back and return it to you. The won't even give you the details of the person whose account it is. The most they will do is send the recipient a letter explaining what's happened, politely requesting that they return the money. But the recipient is under no obligation to do so and the bank can't take the money out of their account without their permission.

I agree with applicationa - if there's a chance you may have mixed the numbers, then I think it's very important to get somebody else to check the details you've input into the SF system.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 3
Hey thanks both I contacted student finance and they told me to update my details with the same details and have someone else do it for me, so I'm all sorted now! Thanks :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending