If you had to pick which would u chose and why
Thanks
Reply 1
Original post by Flowerchild10
I'm really torn between the two .
I am studying law
Thanks

I'm in Swansea to do Law in September but had the same decision as you. I'm from Swansea btw, thought I'd save some money. Dont know how to help in making your decision sorry. :/
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website
I am studying law
Thanks

Check employability rates in your subject at both unis (use the league tables) also check what help you get from career advisers. You might also want to see what the law societies at both unis can offer you in terms of networking.
I am studying law
Thanks

Hello!
Thank you for expressing an interest in Swansea University. Here are some student reviews of our Law department for you to have a look at: http://www.swansea.ac.uk/law/undergraduatelegalstudiesdepartmentllb/whatourstudentssay/
Swansea University is now ranked in the top 10 for student satisfaction (NSS 2015) which shows how much students enjoy their experiences here. We have two campuses, both right by the beach and great sport facilities. There are also opportunities to study abroad if you choose Law at Swansea.
Please let me know if you have any specific questions and I will try my best to answer them for you!
I am studying law
Thanks

I'd pick Brookes because you'll be in Oxford - their Law course is good.

Swansea is near the sea but I found it very anti-English people when I visited.
I am studying law
Thanks

This is soooo weird!

I just finished my first year at Swansea, and now I'll be going to Oxford Brookes Uni in Sept!

I think Swansea is a good uni and a lot of Law students actually get a few placements with the Magistrates court in Swansea, but that's not until 3rd year.

As someone else said, because you'll be in Oxford and near London, your career opportunity will be more wide because there's more opportunities for you in there. I moved because I realised this too.

Brookes is known for having a lot of success in publishing because it's so near to London and also I changed because of degrees and I found that the Arts/Humanities College really did suck and that the Science/Business/Engineering Colleges got more money put into their stuff and the Arts/Humanities College was left to rot!

I think Brookes is a better uni in terms of location and prospectives. Swansea is good if you want an awesome night life. Having said that, Swansea is higher on league tables and 99% people do get jobs within 6 months of graduation. But then again, it's in Wales and statistics don't show whether they getjobs in England too.

I would pick Brookes because Oxford is a beautiful place, the uni is nice and they've invested so much to it that everyone can use - unlike Swansea, where they only invested in the Bay Campus for Engineering and Sports Science students. I think Swansea is more segregated, and Brookes is more together.
Original post by The Empire Odyssey
This is soooo weird!

I just finished my first year at Swansea, and now I'll be going to Oxford Brookes Uni in Sept!

I think Swansea is a good uni and a lot of Law students actually get a few placements with the Magistrates court in Swansea, but that's not until 3rd year.

As someone else said, because you'll be in Oxford and near London, your career opportunity will be more wide because there's more opportunities for you in there. I moved because I realised this too.

Brookes is known for having a lot of success in publishing because it's so near to London and also I changed because of degrees and I found that the Arts/Humanities College really did suck and that the Science/Business/Engineering Colleges got more money put into their stuff and the Arts/Humanities College was left to rot!

I think Brookes is a better uni in terms of location and prospectives. Swansea is good if you want an awesome night life. Having said that, Swansea is higher on league tables and 99% people do get jobs within 6 months of graduation. But then again, it's in Wales and statistics don't show whether they getjobs in England too.

I would pick Brookes because Oxford is a beautiful place, the uni is nice and they've invested so much to it that everyone can use - unlike Swansea, where they only invested in the Bay Campus for Engineering and Sports Science students. I think Swansea is more segregated, and Brookes is more together.

Hi, thanks for that reply
I am just wondering how the process of transferring works out?
When do you have to re-apply
Hi, thanks for that reply
I am just wondering how the process of transferring works out?
When do you have to re-apply

Transfer is when you move to another uni, by transferring your previous credits (marks from your modules) to your new uni, saving you from starting from the same level as before.

Some unis accept it, or some will tell you you have to start from level one if it's a new course or if your credits don't have enough subject knowledge for your future course.

You can usually drop out of uni at any given time and then start at a new uni in the following academic year. It's best to stay the year at your current uni so student finance won't ask you for the money you did received at the start of the year.

Does all this make any sense?
Original post by The Empire Odyssey
Transfer is when you move to another uni, by transferring your previous credits (marks from your modules) to your new uni, saving you from starting from the same level as before.

Some unis accept it, or some will tell you you have to start from level one if it's a new course or if your credits don't have enough subject knowledge for your future course.

You can usually drop out of uni at any given time and then start at a new uni in the following academic year. It's best to stay the year at your current uni so student finance won't ask you for the money you did received at the start of the year.

Does all this make any sense?

Yes it does! Thank you
You didn't do law by any chance?
Yes it does! Thank you
You didn't do law by any chance?

No I didn't sorry.

But I had many friends that did. They said the lecturers were really good and funny and engaging. But the Law College is severely under budget and their books and the law part of the library is horrendous. Their funding is just not as good as other colleges.

Quick Reply

Latest