The Student Room Group

In England, a woman is raped every 6 minutes.

Pretty shocked aren't you? Isn't it weird that we are not aware of this statistic in our own country? This is what I'm doing, I'm trying to raise awareness. Not enough people know this statistic when it is probably the most scary statistic about England. Yes, every 6 minutes a woman is raped in ENGLAND, NOT UK. Unbelievable. MORE NEEDS TO BE DONE TO STOP REDUCE THIS STATISTIC. Do you know why you don't know this statistic? It's because the government isn't taking this situation seriously. In other words, they don't care. They're more interested in smoking and alcohol. But I need you all to be wary of this statistic. I need you all to realise that this country is not as good as you think it is and it needs to change. FAST. I just want you all to be informed about the MASSIVE issue of rape in England. It's a big problem.http://www.theguardian.com/news/datablog/2013/jan/11/male-female-rape-statistics-graphic. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2795422/alarm-35-women-report-raped-day-36-just-12-months-hit-record-high.html http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/100000-assaults-1000-rapists-sentenced-shockingly-low-conviction-rates-revealed-8446058.html
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Source?
And how does the rate of male rape compare? You don't hear about it, but it must happen!
Why doesn't someone help her?
Original post by pineneedles

I laughed at this way more than I should have...
No doubt we will hear about another Pakistani rape gang in the news soon, they are popping up all too often.
Check on Google and u get the source. Just shows how uninformed people are
Original post by The two eds
No doubt we will hear about another Pakistani rape gang in the news soon, they are popping up all too often.

You realise it's not mainly foreign era who are doing these rapes. It's englishmen
Original post by pineneedles

LMAO, I will probably be banned for this comment but that cracked me up too much.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 9
violins.jpg
I also learnt this in religious studies. The source is everywhere on the Internet. It's a fact
Reply 11
You should write something to newspapers like The Guardian not TSR. What's TSR going to do about it?
Yikes 😳 if there's a reason to become agoraphobic, this is one of them.
Original post by Justice hunter
I also learnt this in religious studies. The source is everywhere on the Internet. It's a fact

Just like a meme then. Memes are not facts.
Why would you learn about rape in RS? :redface:
There is literally nothing stopping you from linking a source, but you're not
Original post by Juichiro

All right I'll upload sources then if you think I'm lying. And also, you don't do RS do you?

Then it shouldn't be too hard to google :P
Pretty shocked aren't you? Isn't it weird that we are not aware of this statistic in our own country? This is what I'm doing, I'm trying to raise awareness. Not enough people know this statistic when it is probably the most scary statistic about England. Yes, every 6 minutes a woman is raped in ENGLAND, NOT UK. Unbelievable. MORE NEEDS TO BE DONE TO STOP REDUCE THIS STATISTIC. Do you know why you don't know this statistic? It's because the government isn't taking this situation seriously. In other words, they don't care. They're more interested in smoking and alcohol. But I need you all to be wary of this statistic. I need you all to realise that this country is not as good as you think it is and it needs to change. FAST. I just want you all to be informed about the MASSIVE issue of rape in England. It's a big problem.

Did you know that men are falsely accused of rape every 5 minutes? It's on the internet and everything.
(edited 8 years ago)
That's unfortunate.
Original post by Juichiro

Sexual ethics is a common RS module

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending