The Student Room Group

Disappointed AS results What should I do next?

I achieved B+CDC (Chemistry, Biology, Physics, Geography) in my AS this year, and I'm not pleased since I want to apply for medicine. I'm especially annoyed at my biology grade because that's usually my best subject, I got As in two of the units but the third unit I got U, that's why my biology mark dropped down to a C. My school suggested I repeat my whole AS year again and basically not apply this year, however will it hurt my chances at getting into a good university for medicine? I suggested I resit 3 units, unit 2 from biology, unit 2 from physics and unit 2 from geography while taking my A2s (since I could very well get an A in biology and raise my geography mark to a B or an A and my physics to a C at least) but I will also take a gap year after my A2s to gain experience to put on my personal statement, thus I don't have to apply with the bad grades. I'm really confused overall and I'm not sure what I should do?
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses. :redface:

I'm going to quote in Tank Girl now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :h: :yy:

Spoiler

Hi there- sorry to hear you're not happy with your results :frown: There's a few similar threads that you can check out here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=195

Quick Reply

Latest