The Student Room Group

I Need help before things get really bad

Im 17 years old and at college and to basically to cut a long story short, these past few weeks on summer holidays I've been going out nearly every day as I find it boring and depressing staying at home so I enjoy going out. My parents are struggling to come to terms with that im growing up and they need to start letting go but they dont really understand this.

I've been seeing this girl nearly every day and im having an amazing time with her, i talk to her every day and its the first person I've properly liked in a long time.

My parents arent very tolerant with most things, and recently I smoked weed and got caught, which is why they are super pissed. Im not saying im in the right here, its understabdble that they are mad but not the the extent that they are. They've been hitting me, screaming at me, ignoring me and keeping me in the house. Im not aloud to go out at night, and unless they arent in the house i cant go and see my friends.

I want to leave the house for a few days to get my head straight but my parents wont allow this, and if i do leave they will knock on the door of every single person i know until they've found me. They will not stop

I've been given the choice to move out, however I do not have any money, saving etc to support myself so this would be a stupid idea however I would be a lot happier.

Im really stuck here guys and its not going to get fixed. Im so happy outside of my own house yet when i get home I feel suicidal. I want to move out but i cannot support myself. I do help around the house and I dont speak until im spoken too so my parents cant say that im a bad child.
hi,

i really feel your pain, you are young and want to have fun. Sit them down and talk to you parents, like an adult. you will always be in their eyes like a child, and you still are, you are only 17. trust me parents knows best. i really dont want to be annoying but they do know best. have a quiet chat, say what you think, tell them how you really feel inside.
Do not leave your parents house, there is nothing out there, get an education, a job or something. make your parents trust you.
I hope you are fine though it must be difficult.
i was a rebellious child back in days, i really wish i was still leaving with my parents today lool.

stay blessed

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending