The Student Room Group

Bad AS results, need advice on uni applications and resitting.

Right, so I got my AS results back yesterday and as the name of the post clearly shows - they were bad. I didn't get any Us so it's not failure but I got a D (Physics), 2 Es ( General studies and further maths) and a C (Maths), It would be an understatement to say I'm disappointed, considering I was on track for straight As, with teachers expecting me to get full marks in a few of my modules. There was one good result which was BTEC IT which I got a Dist* in, but I really couldn't care less about that subject.

My Maths and further Maths teachers have assured me it could be 'fixable' (thankfully the syllabus hasn't changed for maths yet so I can resit modules), I haven't talked to my physics teacher about my grade and what will happen in that subject.

It's worthwhile mentioning that I want to get papers remarked since nobody got higher than a C in maths or physics and I got the highest in further maths but I'd rather be prepared for these to be genuine results encase they are.

My concern is this: a month ago our school had us start our UCAS form early and I was getting told by a handful of teachers to apply for Oxford (for physics to be exact) and I really wasn't into the idea all too much until I started reading more into it. Eventually I did get into the idea and want to apply, now I'm certain that I really shouldn't bother with these AS results (I've heard a lot about them getting stuck up with it). Should I not bother? Or should I do it for the sake of it, hoping that I can fix these results next time around?

If you want any details about modules and stuff just ask.

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum I wasn't sure which this should be posted to (first time user).
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest