The Student Room Group

Cambridge MPhil Economics/Finance & Economics (2016)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jedbrien
LSE- Third year Maths and Econ

1st year: 80%
2nd year: 86%

internships in banking, consulting

Hi,

May I know when did you apply?
Original post by neverbegin
Hi,

May I know when did you apply?

late sep
Anyone recently receive the offer??!!
Any news? They asked me to upload further documentation about my RA employment.
Original post by bernat101
Any news? They asked me to upload further documentation about my RA employment.

How did they inform you?

Btw this thread is unusually quiet this year
Reply 25
Has anyone heard anything yet?
My status has been changed to consideration by Board of Graduate Studies. I am from Warwick and I applied in late Oct. One of my friend received offer too and she applied in Nov or Dec. Cheers
Reply 27
Original post by neverbegin
My status has been changed to consideration by Board of Graduate Studies. I am from Warwick and I applied in late Oct. One of my friend received offer too and she applied in Nov or Dec. Cheers

What's your friend's profile? (Uni, module grades, internships, fee status)
Could anyone help me with this please???

Program Applied-MPhil Economics

I am contacting you to update you on the status of your application.

Our Admissions Committee has considered your application and at this stage no final decision has been made. Your application has, therefore, been put on hold until all the MPhil applications have been assessed. Once this has been done all applications that are on hold will be reconsidered and a final decision made this will be during March/April. I will contact you by e-mail if we are going to make you an offer, but please also keep a check on your CamSIS self-service page for the status of your application.

Very anxious
Original post by ani1231091
Could anyone help me with this please???

Program Applied-MPhil Economics

I am contacting you to update you on the status of your application.

Our Admissions Committee has considered your application and at this stage no final decision has been made. Your application has, therefore, been put on hold until all the MPhil applications have been assessed. Once this has been done all applications that are on hold will be reconsidered and a final decision made this will be during March/April. I will contact you by e-mail if we are going to make you an offer, but please also keep a check on your CamSIS self-service page for the status of your application.

Very anxious

I'm in the exact same boat. I've been told most people are put on hold, so I'm not sure what to expect. What's your profile if you don't mind me asking?
Original post by iCreptio
I'm in the exact same boat. I've been told most people are put on hold, so I'm not sure what to expect. What's your profile if you don't mind me asking?

Good Bachelor's and Master's in Economics from University of Delhi(Delhi School of Economics)...gre 327...
My status just changed to "awaiting decision by Board of Graduate Studies". I applied for Mphil in Finance and Economics.
Reply 32
Original post by Creoleycy
My status just changed to "awaiting decision by Board of Graduate Studies". I applied for Mphil in Finance and Economics.

Is that the step after 'Awaiting consideration by department' - how long did it take to update after you sent in all your documents?
Original post by cvat
Is that the step after 'Awaiting consideration by department' - how long did it take to update after you sent in all your documents?

Yes, it is the step after that. I applied in mid-December and it took like 2 months to update.
Reply 34
Yes, it is the step after that. I applied in mid-December and it took like 2 months to update.

Ahh, thanks! Good luck!!
Reply 35
Still 'Under Consideration by Degree Committee' does this mean it has passed the department stage?

Previous threads suggest economics skip the department stage.. Applied mid Jan so not expecting to hear anything soon.
Original post by tignes
Still 'Under Consideration by Degree Committee' does this mean it has passed the department stage?

Previous threads suggest economics skip the department stage.. Applied mid Jan so not expecting to hear anything soon.

Yes, for economics there is no department stage, mine was under consideration by degree committee for two months before it changed to board of graduate studies.
Received an offer yesterday!! No words on college yet
Reply 38
Received an offer yesterday!! No words on college yet

Congrats!!

Do you mind sharing your profile?
Applied to Mphil Finance and Economics on the deadline day of the application. My application was very rushed so I doubt i'll get an offer.
Profile: 62% in first year, 73% in second year and have a 10 month internship at an energy consultancy.
Either way, fingers crossed!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending