The Student Room Group

I really need advice on university?

Basically, I took biology, chemistry, mechanics, drama and an EPQ at AS.Unfortunately, I didn't do very well in my subjects.

Biology: B
Drama: C
Mechanics: C(I was 2 marks off a B though so its practically a B in terms of points)
Chemistry: D
EPQ:A

I've also obtained a work experience placement at the Imperial College London.I was thinking of applying to biomedical sciences;however I think Universities might reject me simply because of my AS grades even though I know I can do better at A2.

I was thinking of applying to: Imperial, Durham, Nottingham, UCL and Cardiff.But it seems like I might be switching Imperial to Surrey.

I don't know, I'm just very lost at the moment. I'm thinking of doing the BMAT for imperial but is it worth it if they're going to reject me because of my terrible AS grades.

I don't know, what do you guys think :/ ?
Original post by RandomStudent420
Basically, I took biology, chemistry, mechanics, drama and an EPQ at AS.Unfortunately, I didn't do very well in my subjects.

Biology: B
Drama: C
Mechanics: C(I was 2 marks off a B though so its practically a B in terms of points)
Chemistry: D
EPQ:A

I've also obtained a work experience placement at the Imperial College London.I was thinking of applying to biomedical sciences;however I think Universities might reject me simply because of my AS grades even though I know I can do better at A2.

I was thinking of applying to: Imperial, Durham, Nottingham, UCL and Cardiff.But it seems like I might be switching Imperial to Surrey.

I don't know, I'm just very lost at the moment. I'm thinking of doing the BMAT for imperial but is it worth it if they're going to reject me because of my terrible AS grades.

I don't know, what do you guys think :/ ?

I've moved this to an appropriate forum where hopefully you'll get more responses :h:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending