The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SCAR H
What about a Year 60 thread just to make sure all of you havent died?

I wanna beat you all and die last.

If I don't get kicked by a horse or something. Why am I doing this crap degree again?
Wow the banter is top notch tonight my friends
Original post by blamethenargles
Wow the banter is top notch tonight my friends

Archbishop of Banterbury
Hey. PPE at Oxford.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Little Tail Chaser
Archbishop of Banterbury

Bantersaurus Rex
Reply 45
I have changed the thread title to Current Year 14 Thread 2015/2016 (Class of 2015) probably the best compromise so that those who want Year 14 in the title and Class of 2015 in the title are happy.The new title also allows those on a Gap Year to post and makes it clear that the thread is for college leaves of 2015 but also the Year 14 Thread as most of us are beginning the next year of education.
I'm one of the skrubs doing a third year :colonhash:
Hoping my remarks will give me the grades I actually should have...

Sorry guys, I'm just a bit salty... How is everyone?:tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Bantersaurus Rex

Some good Ed Millibant

Original post by Leechayy

Posted from TSR Mobile

:console: Fingers crossed the remarks come back with good news :smile:

Even if you go still have to do some resits, you won't have as many exams as this year so you can chill and it will will still kinda be a gap year :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh man that really sucks, I hope things work out for you!! (I'm pretty good, thanks☺️)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dalek1099
I can't put multiple year numbers in the thread title and I have added in brackets that this refers to those in their first year at University for clarification.We could change it to Year 1 thread since we are the first year of University and it would make us feel small again.If we agree to a change I can change it.

I don't really care, it's just a title lol
Original post by Little Tail Chaser

:console: Fingers crossed the remarks come back with good news :smile:

Even if you go still have to do some resits, you won't have as many exams as this year so you can chill and it will will still kinda be a gap year :wink:

Hopefully so:yep:

That's also true, I had 21 this year and I'll only have 8 next year at the most :awesome:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh man that really sucks, I hope things work out for you!! (I'm pretty good, thanks☺️)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks, glad you're well:biggrin:

Are you going uni? If so, where you going?:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 52
Hopefully so:yep:

That's also true, I had 21 this year and I'll only have 8 next year at the most :awesome:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I should have 6 exams next year, I will definitely have 3 3hr exams and 1 2hr exam with coursework to do from compulsory modules and then I will have 40 credits free for me to decide what modules I am going to take a 20 credit module would mean pretty much 1 exam and a 40 credit module would mean 2 exams, unless I decide to take a coursework full module which I really doubt I will.

This year I had 18 exams with 3 of them being 3hrs long,2 1hr45mins long,12 1hr30mins long and 1 1hr15mins long and I had two ISAs to do each of them was 1hr long with a practical exam for each.
(edited 8 years ago)
I should have 6 exams next year, I will definitely have 3 3hr exams and 1 2hr exam with coursework to do from compulsory coursework and then I will have 40 credits free for me to decide what modules I am going to take a 20 credit module would mean pretty much 1 exam and a 40 credit module would mean 2 exams, unless I decide to take a coursework full module which I really doubt I will.

So I guess we'll have quite a bit of free time:smile:
I might get a part time job then, save some money for that study abroad I've always wanted to do:smug:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lol I'm not in Year 14 but I think this is a great idea!!! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Night folks.

My so-called best friend is making me go to zumba tomorrow morning so I'd best get an early night :cry: . wtf is exercise #pray4tails
Reply 56
So I guess we'll have quite a bit of free time:smile:
I might get a part time job then, save some money for that study abroad I've always wanted to do:smug:

Posted from TSR Mobile

University exams will be harder though and require much more in depth learning.

For Maths A Levels most of the content was fairly standard from the previous years papers but at University the problems are much more challenging and require much more thinking outside the box and approaching problems you haven't seen anything like before.

The University lectures won't teach everything and you may even be set a topic to specifically self teach but I self taught a full A Level in Additional Further Maths so I should be fine with the self teaching.I think Universities give out more homework than colleges too you didn't really get that much regularly particularly after Christmas as my Maths/Further Maths teacher didn't want to mark anything, any work he did said he didn't ask us to hand in.

You should be able to get funding for studying abroad, it is part of some degrees I think?
(edited 8 years ago)
University exams will be harder though and require much more in depth learning.

For Maths A Levels most of the content was fairly standard from the previous years papers but at University the problems are much more challenging and require much more thinking outside the box and approaching problems you haven't seen anything like before.

The University lectures won't teach everything and you may even be set a topic to specifically self teach but I self taught a full A Level in Additional Further Maths so I should be fine with the self teaching.I think Universities give out more homework than colleges too you didn't really get that much regularly particularly after Christmas as my Maths/Further Maths teacher didn't want to mark anything, any work he did said he didn't ask us to hand in.

You should be able to get funding for studying abroad, it is part of some degrees I think?

Oh sorry I thought you were talking about a levels:facepalm:

I think so, you only pay 15% of your tuition fees too:o:o
Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 58
I have started a thread for Mathematics at Durham, it is a thread for anyone who is studying Mathematics modules at Durham University(this could well be as part of Physics,Natural Sciences,Chemistry etc).I haven't found anyone to join me in the thread yet.
Daaaaaaaammmmn, I've been with these threads ever since 2011 - can't believe it! Unfortunately, I won't be going to uni this year: I'll be undergoing the maddening feat of doing A-level Maths, Further Maths and Econ in a year. This is after flunking my Advanced Highers (apart from Maths) and having a bit of an existential crisis.

I'll be re-applying in UCAS to:
UCL (Mathematical Computation), Bristol (Maths and Computer Science), Nottingham (Data Science), Warwick (Discrete Maths) and Kent (Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence)

Latest

Trending

Trending