The Student Room Group

OCR A 2016 Physics A* A-Level Resources

Scroll to see replies

Thanks so much for making this! This is so useful
Original post by AllenJoseph
So woukd you recommend the last one the most?

The last one isn't exam board specific, it's general physics practice, but yea I'd highly recommend it for general practice, but perhaps not before a revision guide.
Original post by runny4
hello,
Thank you for the resources but i would just like to inform that the model solutions to g485 past papers are just on g484.

Thanks for the reminder; I fixed this so now it's the correct link :smile:
Good resources, I do OCR B Physics (doing A2 now) and will be using these selectively to match up with my spec. :smile:
Subbing, this thread seems useful :smile:
Original post by SaadKaleem
Subbing, this thread seems useful :smile:

Agreed :smile:
If anyone is struggling with any maths, physics or chemistry I'm happy and willing to answer questions.
Original post by ForgottenApple
If anyone is struggling with any maths, physics or chemistry I'm happy and willing to answer questions.

Hey, I hope you are doing good.
I am doing A2. What do you suggest about how to use past papers to be beneficial for you? Any other advice on how to get A* will greatly be appreciated. Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jkhan9625
Hey, I hope you are doing good.
I am doing A2. What do you suggest about how to use past papers to be beneficial for you? Any other advice on how to get A* will greatly be appreciated. Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes. Thermodynamics is excellent. It's wonderful thanks :smile: /s

Do once early for general build of questions, do again closer to real exams and focus on technique, your chemistry should be up to snuff at this point so you're then just making sure you can answer the questions to get all the marks, e.g. your table includes all valid data or all equations written used, or all definitions word perfect etc. List not exhaustive.

Read examiner reports.

Supplement OCR's papers with other boards, focus particularly on tougher/long questions, ignore other boards definitions. Don't limit self to just past papers, use other school's homeworks if you can find on the internet. Steal all resources that might be useful.

Above all understand what you're doing, robots don't get A*s. Robots get As.
Extract from my past paper spreadsheet
Another more relevant example

Hopefully this makes most of you realize you're not doing enough.
(edited 8 years ago)
Did you print of the papers?
Extract from my past paper spreadsheet
Another more relevant example

Hopefully this makes most of you realize you're not doing enough.

I never know how much i should be doing, how many hours per day were you studying? Did you do all the past papers twice?
Hi thanks so much for the resources!

Can someone please help me with Q5 (c) (ii) of the June 2011 G485 paper please. I don't understand how the force downward due to the rod can be cancelled out due to an equal and opposite force by Newtons third law. Also, if this happens then the reading on the balance should remain at 2.500 N as the forces downwards force cancels with the equal and opposite force with no more extra external forces acting.
Also, on the model solutions for the G485 June 2011 paper Q5 (d) the answer should be 0.004 N not 0.04 N. Just thought I'd let you know so no one else gets confused.

Thanks for the help.
Original post by Vanilla Poison
Did you print of the papers?

Yes. I had separate folders for each module for just past papers. Then reviewed all mistakes the night before the exam.
Original post by thebearissquare
I never know how much i should be doing, how many hours per day were you studying? Did you do all the past papers twice?

There's no guarantee for an A*. More work = higher probability.

Pretty much did all papers 2-3 times. Did all HWs, revision booklets which had other qs, and also did other boards past papers. Whatever you're doing, do more.
Original post by Glavien
Hi thanks so much for the resources!

Can someone please help me with Q5 (c) (ii) of the June 2011 G485 paper please. I don't understand how the force downward due to the rod can be cancelled out due to an equal and opposite force by Newtons third law. Also, if this happens then the reading on the balance should remain at 2.500 N as the forces downwards force cancels with the equal and opposite force with no more extra external forces acting.
Also, on the model solutions for the G485 June 2011 paper Q5 (d) the answer should be 0.004 N not 0.04 N. Just thought I'd let you know so no one else gets confused.

Thanks for the help.

My college always ****ed up their model answers.
Thread is now complete-ish. Comment if a link is broken and I'll fix it asap.

Hello I am ForgottenApple, I recently finish A Levels with some reasonable results (A*A*A* Maths, Physics & Chemistry). This thread is to help you achieve something similar at the same level. I created these resources for myself last year and have brought them up into a good enough order to help other people out. This thread is a successor to a previous thread I made last year for G481 an incorperates all but the practical element of the OCR Physics A Level course (to be revised in 2015) but nonetheless there is a full year of students who can benefit from these resources and any students who opt to resit thereafter.

Most notes I wrote last year, as well as the standard answers being made by me (idea from my college), definitions lists, legacy resources/past papers/bonus questions tend to be lifted :P

Link to Chemistry Thread

Useful Other Websites
Physics and Maths tutor is excellent for past papers and extra notes

G481
Notes
Definitions List
Standard Answers

G482
Notes
Definitions List
Standard Answers

A2 Grade boundary graphs

G484
Notes
Definitions List
Standard Answers
Notes Past Papers, Model Solutions and Mark schemes Jan 10-June 14
Legacy Resources from 2002 to 2010
Bonus Questions and answers
G485

Notes
Definitions List
Standard Answers
Notes Past Papers, Model Solutions and Mark schemes Jan 10-June 14
Legacy Resources from 2002 to 2010
Bonus Questions and answers

Thank you so much!! This is just what I needed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by UnknownAnon
Thank you so much!! This is just what I needed.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You really don't need to quote the OP for them to see...

Quick Reply

Latest