The Student Room Group

OCR A 2016 Physics A* A-Level Resources

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ForgottenApple
If anyone is struggling with any maths, physics or chemistry I'm happy and willing to answer questions.

hello can you send me as physics a G481 AND G482 past papers model answers
Original post by Laurenafenete
Thanks so much for making this! This is so useful

hey do you have link for physics ocr as level past papers model answers
Original post by santos123
hey do you have link for physics ocr as level past papers model answers

No I don't. I wasn't the one who made the thread
Is the link broken or something?
do you know where i can get model answers for ocr as physics?
Thread is now complete-ish. Comment if a link is broken and I'll fix it asap.

Hello I am ForgottenApple, I recently finish A Levels with some reasonable results (A*A*A* Maths, Physics & Chemistry). This thread is to help you achieve something similar at the same level. I created these resources for myself last year and have brought them up into a good enough order to help other people out. This thread is a successor to a previous thread I made last year for G481 an incorperates all but the practical element of the OCR Physics A Level course (to be revised in 2015) but nonetheless there is a full year of students who can benefit from these resources and any students who opt to resit thereafter.

Most notes I wrote last year, as well as the standard answers being made by me (idea from my college), definitions lists, legacy resources/past papers/bonus questions tend to be lifted :P

Link to Chemistry Thread

Useful Other Websites
Physics and Maths tutor is excellent for past papers and extra notes

G481
Notes
Definitions List
Standard Answers

G482
Notes
Definitions List
Standard Answers

A2 Grade boundary graphs

G484
Notes
Definitions List
Standard Answers
Notes Past Papers, Model Solutions and Mark schemes Jan 10-June 14
Legacy Resources from 2002 to 2010
Bonus Questions and answers
G485

Notes
Definitions List
Standard Answers

there is no model solution for G482 AND G482
Original post by santos123
there is no model solution for G482 AND G482

Google it probably. But no I dont have a copy
These aren't my resources
Original post by Vanilla Poison
You really don't need to quote the OP for them to see...

Maybe I just wanted to be a rebel :colone:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm so jealous, I do Edexcel :frown:

Thread is now complete-ish. Comment if a link is broken and I'll fix it asap.

Hello I am ForgottenApple, I recently finish A Levels with some reasonable results (A*A*A* Maths, Physics & Chemistry). This thread is to help you achieve something similar at the same level. I created these resources for myself last year and have brought them up into a good enough order to help other people out. This thread is a successor to a previous thread I made last year for G481 an incorperates all but the practical element of the OCR Physics A Level course (to be revised in 2015) but nonetheless there is a full year of students who can benefit from these resources and any students who opt to resit thereafter.

Most notes I wrote last year, as well as the standard answers being made by me (idea from my college), definitions lists, legacy resources/past papers/bonus questions tend to be lifted :P

Link to Chemistry Thread

Useful Other Websites
Physics and Maths tutor is excellent for past papers and extra notes

G481
Notes
Definitions List
Standard Answers

G482
Notes
Definitions List
Standard Answers

A2 Grade boundary graphs

G484
Notes
Definitions List
Standard Answers
G485

Notes
Definitions List
Standard Answers
Original post by KINGYusuf

Hey, no reason you can't use these resources to help further your knowledge of physics :smile:

A stray Edxecl-ian appears. :ninja:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 50
If you want to take a break and still be doing something useful, this BBC documentary "The Beginning and End of the Universe" is really interesting and funnily enough ~80% of it is in the A level spec too haha:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0754t74/the-beginning-and-end-of-the-universe-1-the-beginning
Reply 51
Wow just discovered this thread, phenomenal effort!
Much appreciated!!!
Original post by opu77
Wow just discovered this thread, phenomenal effort!
Much appreciated!!!

You're welcome!!! Thanks for showing the appreciation :smile: :colone:
Hey Apple, could you help me with a Q?

A pendulum is pulled a distance of 0.05m from its midpoint and released. It oscillates with SHM with a frequency of 1.5Hz. Work outs its max velocity.

So max velocity = Aw = A2pif

Isn't 0.05m the displacement as it's the distance from midpoint? Why is 0.05m the amplitude?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey Apple, could you help me with a Q?

A pendulum is pulled a distance of 0.05m from its midpoint and released. It oscillates with SHM with a frequency of 1.5Hz. Work outs its max velocity.

So max velocity = Aw = A2pif

Isn't 0.05m the displacement as it's the distance from midpoint? Why is 0.05m the amplitude?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Its both amplitude and displacement since the amplitude is the maximum displacement from the rest position.
Reply 55
Thanks for the post, this will really help! I was wondering though how exactly do you study for physics? Do you re-write notes constantly/do pastpapers?
Original post by Kazuuki
Thanks for the post, this will really help! I was wondering though how exactly do you study for physics? Do you re-write notes constantly/do pastpapers?

The only notes I'd consider writing for physics are the definitions. Past papers from OCR, other exam boards, legacy papers, questions in the textbooks and revision guides are your best bet to getting a good grade. If you're unsure about a topic I'd read over it then attempt a question on it and look at example answers.
Reply 57
Just wondering if you have to know about how GPS Systems work in the new spec, I dont think I've been taught about that??
Original post by ReeceM1
The only notes I'd consider writing for physics are the definitions. Past papers from OCR, other exam boards, legacy papers, questions in the textbooks and revision guides are your best bet to getting a good grade. If you're unsure about a topic I'd read over it then attempt a question on it and look at example answers.

Quality advice, though I feel there is benefit to writing an initial set of notes.
Original post by derpz
Just wondering if you have to know about how GPS Systems work in the new spec, I dont think I've been taught about that??

I learned model answers about how a GOS works so I'm not really sure how the new spec differs.

Quick Reply

Latest