The Student Room Group

OCR A 2016 Physics A* A-Level Resources

Scroll to see replies

Damn Apple man, I need to get my crap together. Okay with Maths & Physics, don't know content in Chem

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by KINGYusuf
Damn Apple man, I need to get my crap together. Okay with Maths & Physics, don't know content in Chem

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do it man, still got time. Just drop whatever you waste time and knuckle down and work!

T changes up to a point, at this point, there is a change of state so no change in T. After this point the T changes again, with a different gradient which is dependent on the specific heat capacity of the new state.
Original post by ForgottenApple
T changes up to a point, at this point, there is a change of state so no change in T. After this point the T changes again, with a different gradient which is dependent on the specific heat capacity of the new state.

Oh right, so for 3c then I thought that there was a horizontal line starting at 18 then a decreasing gradient, then a constant line at the x intercept followed by a decreasing gradient followed by a constant line? Is this not correct :/

Thanks for the reply btw
Original post by Mihael_Keehl
Oh right, so for 3c then I thought that there was a horizontal line starting at 18 then a decreasing gradient, then a constant line at the x intercept followed by a decreasing gradient followed by a constant line? Is this not correct :/

Thanks for the reply btw

No there is only one horizontal line as there is only one change in state.
For question 10, can someone explain why it's a gravitational force acting as C? Why would the direction be upwards?

https://1f84d16544d6224595071b36e4be67a6d632a9f6.googledrive.com/host/0B1ZiqBksUHNYV1k4QWRxcU9RTGs/3.2-Forces-in-Action/Set-C/Forces.pdf
No there is only one horizontal line as there is only one change in state.

of course!

thank you, this was annoying me for so long.

Did you give g484 and g485 last year?

What did you make of the papers. I thought that g484 was standard I guess apart from the 1st question. G485 seemed decent I guess.
Original post by M0nkey Thunder
For question 10, can someone explain why it's a gravitational force acting as C? Why would the direction be upwards?

https://1f84d16544d6224595071b36e4be67a6d632a9f6.googledrive.com/host/0B1ZiqBksUHNYV1k4QWRxcU9RTGs/3.2-Forces-in-Action/Set-C/Forces.pdf

Because the earth exerts a graviational force soo that objects stay in orbit I would have thought.
Original post by Mihael_Keehl
of course!

thank you, this was annoying me for so long.

Did you give g484 and g485 last year?

What did you make of the papers. I thought that g484 was standard I guess apart from the 1st question. G485 seemed decent I guess.

I think i found them a little difficult, I still got more or less 100 % in both though.
Looking like the link for g481 standard answers is broken bro. Try fix it ASAP please.
Original post by Hungryhippo9
Looking like the link for g481 standard answers is broken bro. Try fix it ASAP please.

Thanks for informing me. I'll investigate and try and resolve this within 24 hours.
Thanks for informing me. I'll investigate and try and resolve this within 24 hours.

All links other than the link to physics and maths tutor g481 are broken for me. Are the standard answers and definitions on the web or are they word docs?

Density = mass/volume

Momentum = mass x velocity

Mass = Density x Volume = 1000 x 2x10^-4 = 0.2kg

Velocity = Volume per second/ Area (as m^3s^-1 / m^2 = ms^-1)

So Velocity = 2 x 10^-4 / 7.2 x 10^-4 = 0.27 (7 is recurring)

So therefore momentum = 0.2 x 0.27 (7 recurring)

Make 0.27 0.28 actually so the answer is 5.6 x 10^-2 Ns
Original post by KINGYusuf
Density = mass/volume

Momentum = mass x velocity

Mass = Density x Volume = 1000 x 2x10^-4 = 0.2kg

Velocity = Volume per second/ Area (as m^3s^-1 / m^2 = ms^-1)

So Velocity = 2 x 10^-4 / 7.2 x 10^-4 = 0.27 (7 is recurring)

So therefore momentum = 0.2 x 0.27 (7 recurring)

Make 0.27 0.28 actually so the answer is 5.6 x 10^-2 Ns

Ohhhh, I see where I went wrong xD

Thanks!
No probs u a genius anyway haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
For the standard answers for G485 I believe the question, 'Describe what determines whether a radioisotope will decay by beta+ or beta- decay'is wrong. I think for beta plus decay there are too many protons NOT too many neutrons. Can someone confirm this please?

Posted from TSR Mobile
thank you for these!! g484 notes are broken though?
Reply 79
I need permission for the notes can anyone help

Quick Reply

Latest