The Student Room Group

OCR A 2016 Physics A* A-Level Resources

I am ForgottenApple, I recently finish A Levels with some reasonable results (A*A*A* Maths, Physics & Chemistry). This thread is to help you achieve something similar at the same level. I created these resources for myself last year and have brought them up into a good enough order to help other people out. This thread is a successor to a previous thread I made last year for G481 an incorperates all but the practical element of the OCR Physics A Level course (to be revised in 2015) but nonetheless there is a full year of students who can benefit from these resources and any students who opt to resit thereafter.

Most notes I wrote last year, as well as the standard answers being made by me (idea from my college), definitions lists, legacy resources/past papers/bonus questions tend to be lifted :P

Google Drive
Link to Chemistry Thread

Useful Other Websites
Physics and Maths tutor is excellent for past papers and extra notes

G481
Notes
Definitions List
Standard Answers

G482
Notes
Definitions List
Standard Answers

A2 Grade boundary graphs

G484
Notes
Definitions List
Standard Answers
Notes Past Papers, Model Solutions and Mark schemes Jan 10-June 14
Legacy Resources from 2002 to 2010
Bonus Questions and answers
G485

Notes
Definitions List
Standard Answers
Notes Past Papers, Model Solutions and Mark schemes Jan 10-June 14
Legacy Resources from 2002 to 2010
Bonus Questions and answers
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by ForgottenApple
Since I received some good feedback last year for my G482 revision guide, I'm releasing the materials I used for A2 now, along with the full set of resources from AS for those who did not do so well last year.

This year I had a good idea of what I wanted to do, each module will have a standard revision guide, a cut down definitions list, a list of all standard questions and answers compiled from every single paper set in the last 12 years. (New and old specification).

I will also be coupling this years physics release with a sister chemistry release for the OCR A specification also under the same formatting.

I'll probably both link the folder and make a proper thread. For a sneak preview (if anyone is even keen enough to be looking now Aug 16). Here is what is planned

G482

This thread will mainly be for people to come and nab resources to help themselves, if you want to ask a question you can do so and I'll do my best to answer obviously no guarantees I'm only a year above you :smile:

Full Release is slated for when i get my new computer, should be before term starts though.

You got me an A in my AS exams, legend!! Can't wait for the A2 stuff :biggrin:
Original post by zeusss
You got me an A in my AS exams, legend!! Can't wait for the A2 stuff :biggrin:

Excellent work on your AS exams! A2 & AS Physics stuff are more or less complete now; good luck with the A levels.Hope you can get the A/A* you want :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 3
Congrats on your results! And thanks for the resources! Fingers crossed I achieve the same type of results. :smile:
Make sure to use physicsandmathstutor.com to get questions on topics you're stuck on and target them individually. One word of caution is to check the solutions are good before you begin/mark as you go to avoid wasting time doing work that can't be marked (rare but possible).

USE OTHER EXAM BOARD'S QUESTIONS!!!!

Post if you have a question, or want advice/resources etc.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 5
Hi ForgottenApple,

Mechanics has thus far been easy, but the part I struggle on a little bit would be Electrics. Any advice
in terms of making my solid in this area, and by that I mean up to A-A* level. Thanks.
Original post by Marxist
Hi ForgottenApple,

Mechanics has thus far been easy, but the part I struggle on a little bit would be Electrics. Any advice
in terms of making my solid in this area, and by that I mean up to A-A* level. Thanks.

Electrics sounds like AS, are you doing the new spec? Or do you mean capacitors?
Reply 7
Electrics sounds like AS, are you doing the new spec? Or do you mean capacitors?

Electrons, Waves and Photons* and new spec.
Original post by Marxist
Electrons, Waves and Photons* and new spec.

Thought So :P Which part of electricity is getting you? (Specification screenshot/paste would be useful) :smile:
Reply 9
Thought So :P Which part of electricity is getting you? (Specification screenshot/paste would be useful) :smile:

Hi FA,

So we did Kirchoff's 1st and Second Laws (to find resistance) today and it was extremely easy. I had trouble with the one where there is just current going through.
Original post by Marxist
Hi FA,

So we did Kirchoff's 1st and Second Laws (to find resistance) today and it was extremely easy. I had trouble with the one where there is just current going through.

Just current? As in Sum of Currents Entering a junction = sum of the currents leaving a junction I assume. What's the issue with this? It's just an application of the conservation of charge.
Just current? As in Sum of Currents Entering a junction = sum of the currents leaving a junction I assume. What's the issue with this? It's just an application of the conservation of charge.

There is no issue with that.There are some diagrams I came across that had to be changed in order to solve them.
Original post by Marxist
There is no issue with that.There are some diagrams I came across that had to be changed in order to solve them.
Ah okay so there's no problem? :smile:
Chemistry were so much more appreciative physicists :'(
Thank you so much.
These notes are so helpful, I do both chemistry and physics so I have thanked u already but I really appreciate that u took your time to make a revision thread like this. One question, when do I use the left and right Fleming hand and how do I know if it's a motor or dynamo effect. Briefly summarise Wat I need to know about lens law, do I just need to just state the law? Thanks again
Reply 16

hello,
Thank you for the resources but i would just like to inform that the model solutions to g485 past papers are just on g484.
Hey guys,

Does anyone have any suggestions for revision books as personally the OCR Heinemann book isn't too great.
Original post by AllenJoseph
Hey guys,

Does anyone have any suggestions for revision books as personally the OCR Heinemann book isn't too great.

Oo I had a great few different ones; will link later remind me if I forget, off to gym
Oo I had a great few different ones; will link later remind me if I forget, off to gym

Okay thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest