The Student Room Group
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website

Commuting home for work whilst living at Uni?

I start Hertfordshire next month doing advertising and marketing, however I am stressing a lot over my work as I don't want to give up working as I know I won't be financially stable without a part time job. I currently have two jobs and have another interview coming up. I wanted to know what the timetable doing this course would be like roughly, as in 3 days? Or would it be a 5 day week? I will be living at university but driving back to London for work. I thought someone might know so I could maybe figure out what I am doing, I have not stopped stressing about this so any info would be useful. Thanks
Original post by JammyDodger1789
I start Hertfordshire next month doing advertising and marketing, however I am stressing a lot over my work as I don't want to give up working as I know I won't be financially stable without a part time job. I currently have two jobs and have another interview coming up. I wanted to know what the timetable doing this course would be like roughly, as in 3 days? Or would it be a 5 day week? I will be living at university but driving back to London for work. I thought someone might know so I could maybe figure out what I am doing, I have not stopped stressing about this so any info would be useful. Thanks

First workout is it worth travel cost

Posted from TSR Mobile
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website
Reply 2
I am also about to start and am commuting an hour to university, I spoke to a senior lecturer today and she told me that they do tend to put modules on the same day so it is a perfectly viable option, plus apparently there are quite a few commuting students and it tends to not be a problem, even social lives don't seem to suffer. They only thing I worry about really if freshers week and missing out on making friends in the first few weeks!
Original post by bethpol
I am also about to start and am commuting an hour to university, I spoke to a senior lecturer today and she told me that they do tend to put modules on the same day so it is a perfectly viable option, plus apparently there are quite a few commuting students and it tends to not be a problem, even social lives don't seem to suffer. They only thing I worry about really if freshers week and missing out on making friends in the first few weeks!

Yeah, I'm hoping that a lot of modules are crammed in to a few days so it's not a 4/5 day week and I'll have time to work etc. Thank you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending