The Student Room Group

Help with Synoptic...

Heya guys, i dont post here very often so im hoping you guys will still try to reply.

Well, i havent got so much a problem, i require advice more that anything else.
Of course being in A2, with AQA and perhaps with other boards, the ever so scary synoptic part is drawing ever so nearer, and i think it would be beneficial to start early and get the revision under way. However i dont really know how to revise for this part of the course. I understand that the HYPERPHYSICS is a decent place to start so i will look through there. For indervidual modules i would have made elaborate notes on each section properly. Should i possibly do the same again.
Also, given that im doing physics at uni, i feel that going through the course for a second time will benifit me for interviews. (Ive only had one, expecting a few more in the next few days/weeks)

Thanks for any advice given...:smile:
Reply 1
Just get plenty of practice doing physics questions that rely on more than one area of physics. Obviously doing past synoptic papers would be a good place to start :smile:
DuMbBuM
Heya guys, i dont post here very often so im hoping you guys will still try to reply.

Well, i havent got so much a problem, i require advice more that anything else.
Of course being in A2, with AQA and perhaps with other boards, the ever so scary synoptic part is drawing ever so nearer, and i think it would be beneficial to start early and get the revision under way. However i dont really know how to revise for this part of the course. I understand that the HYPERPHYSICS is a decent place to start so i will look through there. For indervidual modules i would have made elaborate notes on each section properly. Should i possibly do the same again.
Also, given that im doing physics at uni, i feel that going through the course for a second time will benifit me for interviews. (Ive only had one, expecting a few more in the next few days/weeks)

Thanks for any advice given...:smile:

Basically, those papers are all about understanding. You need to really focus on understanding what you are doing rather than applying methods blindly without thinking about it. As said, past papers are helpful, but it's a case of recognising the physics that you need to apply to the problems. If you understand the course, you'll be fine.
Reply 3
go through all the modules and make sure you understand all the material, and the equations as well - dig out the AS notes too.

And then do past papers, you'll *learn* to spot which bits of physics you need from practice.
Reply 4
yeh, what ill probably do is, build short notes on the easy stuff, and really look over the hard stuff. Then i will do as many synoptic questions as possible.

Cheers guys.