The Student Room Group

Someone please help me, urgent! - A Level validity & re-applying

I will keep it brief,

So I did 4 A Levels; Maths & Further Maths - Edexel
Accounting & Economics - CIE International A Level

I did my AS in June 2014 and A2 in June 2015.

I want to retake my Economics this November (International only) and I was only going to retake A2, but apparently I can't do that cos I can't carry forward my AS marks to get a full A Level (more than 13 months).

So I am retaking both AS and A2 Economics this November.

The question is, can I use the rest (Maths, Further Maths, Accounting) of my A Level results for 2016 UCAS application? Are they still valid? Some people say it depends on what unis I am applying to.
Reply 1
Original post by kjyang
I will keep it brief,

So I did 4 A Levels; Maths & Further Maths - Edexel
Accounting & Economics - CIE International A Level

I did my AS in June 2014 and A2 in June 2015.

I want to retake my Economics this November (International only) and I was only going to retake A2, but apparently I can't do that cos I can't carry forward my AS marks to get a full A Level (more than 13 months).

So I am retaking both AS and A2 Economics this November.

The question is, can I use the rest (Maths, Further Maths, Accounting) of my A Level results for 2016 UCAS application? Are they still valid? Some people say it depends on what unis I am applying to.
Yes of course you can. It's only if a uni specifies that all the A levels to be counted against an offer have to have been achieved at one sitting (this does sometimes happen) that your resit wouldn't count - they would rely instead on the grade you already have. A levels do not have limited validity :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Minerva
Yes of course you can. It's only if a uni specifies that all the A levels to be counted against an offer have to have been achieved at one sitting (this does sometimes happen) that your resit wouldn't count - they would rely instead on the grade you already have. A levels do not have limited validity :smile:

Thanks for replying! :smile:

Just another question though, let's say I get conditional offers before results day which will be some time in January. If I get the results required will my conditional offer change to unconditional?
Reply 3
Original post by kjyang
Thanks for replying! :smile:

Just another question though, let's say I get conditional offers before results day which will be some time in January. If I get the results required will my conditional offer change to unconditional?
As long as you send the results through to the uni yourself, that should be the case once they're satisfied.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending