The Student Room Group

As edexcel psychology

Did anyone else do worse than they expected on this exam? (AS EDEXCEL Psychology) my whole year at sixth form got below a C despite us getting B's and A's all year. They teachers said they are looking into/appealing as they think something is wrong but I think it was just two crap exams but I'm not sure. Did anyone else miss their target grade by a lot?
(edited 8 years ago)
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses. :redface:

I'm going to quote in Tank Girl now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :h: :yy:

Spoiler

Hello! This has been moved to the Psychology forum now. You should get more replies here :smile:
totally agree with you, I was so gutted with my E grade, expected at least a C, hoping for a B!! Mostly gutted because the retakes aren't going to be as nice as that exam was. Totally shocked and I'm not the only one from my sixth form thinking this.
Reply 4
Original post by bethamiltonnn
totally agree with you, I was so gutted with my E grade, expected at least a C, hoping for a B!! Mostly gutted because the retakes aren't going to be as nice as that exam was. Totally shocked and I'm not the only one from my sixth form thinking this.

It sucks doesn't it! The exam went so well I was so shocked haha. Did the rest of your class do worse than expected? Good luck for next year:smile:
Original post by naylohar
Did anyone else do worse than they expected on this exam? (AS EDEXCEL Psychology) my whole year at sixth form got below a C despite us getting B's and A's all year. They teachers said they are looking into/appealing as they think something is wrong but I think it was just two crap exams but I'm not sure. Did anyone else miss their target grade by a lot?

my teacher said they marked harshly and it was a "hard" unit 2 paper because of all the science.
a girl got an A in her mock and E in exam
i got Ds all year round and was one mark from a B :h:. it's how you word your answers because theyre so specific. that was my major downfall all year.

i did expect more in unit 1 though.
Original post by naylohar
It sucks doesn't it! The exam went so well I was so shocked haha. Did the rest of your class do worse than expected? Good luck for next year:smile:

I think most of the class didn't get what they expecte, however some did do better! My unit 1 was awful, an E so that's being remarked so hopefully that will go up and then I can retake the unit 2 exam! Quite surprised my worst mark was in unit 1 aswell!! ah well cant change the marks, will just see when I get my papersback what I did wrong:frown: thank you! good luck for you too :smile:
if you're heading into psychology for A2 I've just posted all of my revision notes on a tumblr page. I got a low B grade at AS and ended up with an A* overall so they're good notes! hope they help you all this year xx
www.edexcelpsychologyrevision.tumblr.com
Original post by jodiethechode
if you're heading into psychology for A2 I've just posted all of my revision notes on a tumblr page. I got a low B grade at AS and ended up with an A* overall so they're good notes! hope they help you all this year xx
www.edexcelpsychologyrevision.tumblr.com

these are goood. so much more informative than my teachers ppt slides. im making my notes based on yours!
what was your revision technique? when did you start revising?
i was one off from a B, so i think i'll focus on A2 and not bother retaking. aiming for an A.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending