The Student Room Group

Muslims promoting chopping peoples' hands off (tsr)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by HAnwar
Why is that a bad thing? People should have that fear so it stops them from committing crime.

Er that wasn't even my argument.
You can see here Saudi is one of the lowest countries:
http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/stats/Crime/Robberies
Where's your evidence? I've given evidence from stats and actual people.
Yet you haven't...

saudi is rife with crime -generally not much is reported as such there though. some things arnt even regarded as crime (for example beating your wife/wives in accordance with quran)

why not chop everyones hands off and reduce crime stats to zero?
Original post by Tater
Why is it disgusting and inhuman? Stop thinking with your emotions

Sick in the head you are.
Reply 42
Original post by le_darkhorse
Sick in the head you are.

If you can't handle people having a different opinion to you, you shouldn't be on this forum
Although I'm not Muslim I can see the appeal of this one element of Sharia. What if it were used on a 'adults-only (18+) plus 3 strikes and you're out' basis? By the time an adult has 3 (or 5? or 10?) convictions for theft it's pretty clear they're not going to reform, and a more serious deterrent is required. I'm sure it'd reduce the appeal of a life of crime to scum like those in this story from a couple of years ago http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/9238907/Englands-most-prolific-criminal-has-567-convictions.html Thoughts?
Original post by Tater
If you can't handle people having a different opinion to you, you shouldn't be on this forum

I can handle different opinions. What I can't handle is so called 'moderate' muslims like you pretending you are not extremist, yet holding barbaric extremist stone age views.
Original post by Tater
The wars where we bomb and shoot people are over material items, at least in this instance it is punishment for someone who is actually guilty of crime. I really see no reason why it shouldn't be an option depending on the severity of the crime.

Lol you and your tu-quo fallacy, the fact that there are injustices in the world to do with bombings and shootings doesn't justify the medieval practices which should have been put to bed along with slavery and witchcraft.

It shouldn't be an option because stealing doesn't warrant a serious assault upon a person. If you don't agree with that view you clearly don't belong in the west.
Reply 46
Original post by AverageExcellence
Yeah because that justifies it, steal some material items and then be inflicted with such horrific injuries it scars you for life

Well people could say that prison could scar you mentally for life.
This could be worse than having a limb cut off. Who's to say physical pain is worse than mental.

and severely hinders you from looking after yourself which makes you even more dependent on stealing!

Not true. If you're poor in the first place the punishment does not apply to you. Here is evidence:
http://www.quranandhadith.com/stealing/
So if you steal for any other reason, then you have no reason to complain.

the sharia doesn't specify how much it is that you steal which justifies the punishment, first time you get caught stealing you get a light sentence and a warning, second you get your hand cut off!

Second chance? That sounds pretty fair.
Original post by HAnwar
Well people could say that prison could scar you mentally for life.
This could be worse than having a limb cut off. Who's to say physical pain is worse than mental.

Not true. If you're poor in the first place the punishment does not apply to you. Here is evidence:
http://www.quranandhadith.com/stealing/
So if you steal for any other reason, then you have no reason to complain.

Second chance? That sounds pretty fair.

Why are you trying to suggest that these medieval practices should be modern place in society? You are just trying to justify utter stupidity. Employing century old practices and trying to somehow give the impression that it is normal and find in 21st century society. Blinded by your Islamic views. Really disturbed.
Reply 48
I can handle different opinions. What I can't handle is so called 'moderate' muslims like you pretending you are not extremist, yet holding barbaric extremist stone age views.

I'm not any sort of Muslim, I eat pork, drink, come from a Christian family etc

Lol you and your tu-quo fallacy, the fact that there are injustices in the world to do with bombings and shootings doesn't justify the medieval practices which should have been put to bed along with slavery and witchcraft.

It essentially does because our government is inflicting harsher punishments on people who are innocent, so for them to turn around say it is barbaric to punish criminals strikes me as hypocritical

It shouldn't be an option because stealing doesn't warrant a serious assault upon a person. If you don't agree with that view you clearly don't belong in the west.

Its just your opinion, in some western countries you are allowed to use deadly force on someone if they attempt to steal from you, and this whole softie thing of no capital punishments is a very recent development, you're a young student and don't understand what 'western' really means, just been fed some modern propaganda tripe.
Reply 49
Original post by Reformed
saudi is rife with crime -generally not much is reported as such there though. some things arnt even regarded as crime (for example beating your wife/wives in accordance with quran)

why not chop everyones hands off and reduce crime stats to zero?

Good idea.
Original post by Tater
Society

Yeah, having hand-less people serves society alright! :dunce:

Original post by Truth-Seeker
And by what account can you declare this "barbarian"?

Death penalty in USA (which I support) for crimes deemed serious = Okay

Hands chopped-off in Saudi Arabia for crimes deemed serious = barbaric

This makes sense how?

And lol at now using children as the reason it's unethical. I highly doubt they enforce this in every single case of theft ever, and a 7-year old is still able to understand that stealing is wrong. So again, if you like your hands, don't steal.

I didn't say I supported the death penalty, so I don't know why you'd begin with that. Anyway, :fyi: I condone the death penalty (despite being an anarchist / libertarian), because it does not result in the criminal suffering all his/her life, and cost taxpayers' money. The former cannot be said for cutting people's hands off, so while both practices are barbaric, they cannot be compared to each other.
Reply 51
Original post by AristoBrat!
Yeah, having hand-less people serves society alright! :dunce:

If its a hand that is constantly stealing, yes it can
Reply 52
Why are you trying to suggest that these medieval practices should be modern place in society? You are just trying to justify utter stupidity. Employing century old practices and trying to somehow give the impression that it is normal and find in 21st century society. Blinded by your Islamic views. Really disturbed.

Right so it's stupid to amputate a person's limb, when they are aware of their countries laws and punishment, and they have stolen something which isn't theirs (not because they are in poverty), and when in some cases this has been their second chance, but it isn't 'stupid' when people in the UK and other countries are let off with no charges, no imprisonments, no punishments.

Loving your logic :yy:
Reply 53
Original post by Reformed
x

Cool. Anything else?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by HAnwar
Right so it's stupid to amputate a person's limb, when they are aware of their countries laws and punishment, and they have stolen something which isn't theirs (not because they are in poverty), and when in some cases this has been their second chance, but it isn't 'stupid' when people in the UK and other countries are let off with no charges, no imprisonments, no punishments.

Loving your logic :yy:

But sister hanwar, dont you think it is a slightly excessive punishment :confused:

Perhaps a prison sentence would be better and more humane :confused:
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HAnwar
Cool. Anything else?

whatever other crimes you can think of,

sharia has given us the genius idea to banish crime in its entirety, we should take advantage. i cant believe noones had this ingenious idea before!! mohammed was really a clever dude
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Tater
I'm not any sort of Muslim, I eat pork, drink, come from a Christian family etc

It essentially does because our government is inflicting harsher punishments on people who are innocent, so for them to turn around say it is barbaric to punish criminals strikes me as hypocritical

Its just your opinion, in some western countries you are allowed to use deadly force on someone if they attempt to steal from you, and this whole softie thing of no capital punishments is a very recent development, you're a young student and don't understand what 'western' really means, just been fed some modern propaganda tripe.

Let it slip over your head again that the two are not mutually exclusive, you can be against both of them at the same time, what is so hard to understand about that?

Original post by Tater
you're a young student and don't understand what 'western' really means, just been fed some modern propaganda tripe.

i'd wager im older than you and i actually base my principles of objective research, evidence and observations...

you on the other hand base your beliefs on dogmas, both religious and cultural, whereby if you choose not to believe in them any more and renegade from those practices those same doctrines justify your execution...

nice one.
Moderate Muslims are not doing enough. (Even on TSR)

On this thread 3 muslims support chopping shoplifters' hands off as punishment.

How can we have this form of extremist mentality in the Uk amongst so called 'moderate muslims' and then wonder why Islam gets such a raw deal? I also wonder what fellow Muslims have to say about this? Do you support the same view as punishment?

This isn't normal or right.

The ruling on chopping the theif's hand off is universally accepted by all Muslim scholars and therefore it is a compulsory belief in Islam. Any "Muslims" who reject this have directly DENIED the Word of God and have therefore left the fold of Islam. They aren't regarded as Muslims.
Reply 58
Original post by jacob jacobson
But sister hanwar, dont you think it is a slightly excessive punishment :confused:

Perhaps a prison sentence would be better and more humane :confused:
Posted from TSR Mobile

Is it "humane" to consistently steal where there is no need for you to steal?
Reply 59
i'd wager im older than you and i actually base my principles of objective research, evidence and observations...

you on the other hand base your beliefs on dogmas, both religious and cultural, whereby if you choose not to believe in them any more and renegade from those practices those same doctrines justify your execution...

nice one.

Well I'm not religious and come from western culture so no, not really, but if you on other hand are unable to debate punishing criminals without using words like 'inhumane' and 'barbaric' then you are the one who has ignorant dogmatic beliefs, not very objective.

I'm open to considering it as an option, I think it can stop crime by disabling repeated offenders and deterring others.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending