The Student Room Group

Would you date a girl with a slight limp?& what if an online date turned up with one?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Hello! I have a slight limp in my left leg due to a deformity in my left foot/ankle. I can still do things like go running and dancing (as long as I don't over do it) and wear nice shoes on a night out, but most time I have to wear special shoes with cushioning and sometimes have to use a lower leg bracket. My limp is really only blatant when I wear flat shoes (you can see more where my ankle twists. I don't have a cane or anything and I'm rarely in pain. I'm petite in height, frame and weight.

I find it quite depressing and think it puts guys off from wanting to date me. I've had guys approach me to tell me I am pretty but they then proceed to ask what is wrong with my leg and I don't know what to say because I feel like faulty goods! I have very little dating experience for my age (mid 20s) and have never had a boyfriend. I put a lot of effort into grooming and the way I dress (very feminine) and I've been working on myself for a long time to try and be my best version internally - but I feel my best will never be good enough with my disability!

I'm thinking about using online dating soon... How would you feel if a girl with a limp turned up to the date? Should I write it in my profile? Or mention it when talking back and forth before meeting? Would you be mad if I turned up without telling you first? I really don't want to deceive anyone but don't want to make it a big deal either!

Posting anon! Please be completely honest in your replies! Thank you :smile:

For me personally I couldn't care less about a limp. You sound like a nice girl and if you are told you are pretty even better, sounds good to me. If I cared about dating and I saw you, I'd be more concerned how I came across than your concerns (not in a rude way lol but I stick to more bar scenes talking to girls, and dates I'd take more seriously and therefore more anxiously). I can honestly say while I am still in that young drinking stage of my life environment with chicks I really appreciate just having good conversation with girls without the need for alcohol. If you provided that, then that will be fine by me.

Either way good luck with it all, definitely do it and if you are really concerned maybe putting it in your profile as a little niggle could give you some relief as guys are aware- and no doubt they will not care.

In regards to would I be mad, just remember guys will probably be as nervous as you. It's pretty nerve wracking for anyone. They will let it pass.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Jasaron
WHO MAKES A VIDEO OF A RANDOM WOMAN LIMPING IN PUBLIC A POSTS IT TO YOUTUBE? adssadmjsalkjdnaslmdas

Anyways, I probably wouldn't care much. If you were a nice person, a limp isn't an issue at all.

EDIT: That YouTube account is FULL of videos of women limping in public. Is it some sort of a fetish?

If you look around YouTube for long enough, you will eventually find a video of just about anything.
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
If it's noticeable, I would mention it in passing in your dating profile or casually let people know before you meet up - just say that you have a limp but it doesn't stop you from doing anything or being active. It's a good idea to mention it just because otherwise people might jump to conclusions when they meet you for the first time. It also gives you an opportunity to talk about it with someone before meeting so it takes away that pressure you feel when someone asks you why you're limping. It doesn't sound like it will be a big deal for people, though :smile:

You're not faulty goods at all - don't let your disability affect how you feel about yourself :hugs: I promise you will find the right person. :h: Good luck with online dating - try not to put too much pressure on it, just have fun and enjoy the experience of meeting new people :h:

Sorry I'm responding quite late to this! Thank you so much for the reply you really gave me hope and made me feel better about myself you are very kind xx
Reply 23
Well i think that all guys who did not give you chance because of your limp are not worth You!
You seem like really nice person! Am 25 years old and i would never even think that way!
I live in London and i know how people are over here! Smile and keep your head up !
Hopefully you find your Mr Right and i promise that when you do He will not care at all!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending