The Student Room Group

A level result disaster

Hi,
If we accept any university place in clearing, how much time does it take to be released if we want to reject it later & accept other one?
I want to study chemical engineering course.
After receiving my A-level results yesterday, I have been disappointed as I did not get the grades I expected & couldnt get into Imperial (firm choice) & UCL. I have got A grade in Maths and Physics, and B in Biology and Chemistry. In one of the Biology modules I have received 5 out of 60 UMS. I suspect there to be an error in marking as this has happened to 4 other pupils at my school. My school submitted these for priority remarking yesterday and I hope to hear from them in the next couple of weeks. If the remarking turns out to be favourable, then there is a possibility that my grade in Biology could change to A. Then I am eligible for UCL. UCL confirmed that I will have time till 31st Aug to confirm the change of grade & they will accept it.
Meanwhile, I have a clearing offer from another university which I need to confirm by tomorrow. Should I accept it & later if the marks change favourably I can get into UCL?
Very stressed, please advice.
AFAIK in order to accept a clearing offer you would need to withdraw from your current offer.
Reply 2
I was in clearing as i didn't get my grades for both the offers. But if the remarks is favourable my grade in bio will go to A & I can get into UCL.
I have to accept the clearing offer by tomorrow. If I accept & withdraw it later will it take time in UCAS. I am more keen on UCL offer so want to be careful (if i get it)

Many thanks

Quick Reply

Latest