The Student Room Group

Want to carry on to A2 but only got UUUC

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by KittKatt
I would recommend retaking the year. See if your current college will allow you to do that. If not, perhaps go to a different college?
Most universities/courses won't be to bothered if you retake the year, unless you apply to, like, Oxbridge or somewhere. I retook year 12 due to illness during the year and therefore not doing as well as I should have and still got into a Russell Group uni :smile:Resitting the AS exams alongside your A2s would also be an option but that would require a LOT of hard work and would be difficult as there is a jump in the workload between AS and A2. And especially now there aren't any January exams to spread the load across the year might also make it a little bit more difficult. Resitting is also easier as you've already covered the material and it's basically like a whole year of revision. I also found it made A2 (for me at least) that much easier because it meant I had a really good understanding of the easier stuff at AS.
Hope this helped! :smile:

Thanks, this has actually helped a lot, i am speaking to my head of year tomorrow about this all and ill really push to stay on a redo my As year.
Reply 21
Original post by Arkasia
If you're serious about it, then resit, but are you sure academia is your thing? Not everyone needs to go to uni.

yeah i know it sounds a little silly since ive got poor grades this year, but i love the subjects and i need them to go on to do zoology which is something ive wanted to do since i was little.
Original post by Arkasia
If you're serious about it, then resit, but are you sure academia is your thing? Not everyone needs to go to uni.

For what?

The comment wasn't for you
[QUOTE="SimaRH;58591769"]
Original post by Arkasia

yeah i know it sounds a little silly since ive got poor grades this year, but i love the subjects and i need them to go on to do zoology which is something ive wanted to do since i was little.

If you actually "loved the subjects" you most certainly would have atleast scored an E/D in those subjects that you got 3 U's in...

Good luck explaining to your teacher why you got 3 U's in subjects you "love." The only way I see them even considering allowing you to resit is if you take a complete new set of subjects.
Original post by Arkasia
I know, I'm still curious why you think three Us is worth congratulating.

It's obvious that I was taking the piss...
Original post by adil1231
It's obvious that I was taking the piss...

Aight then, chill.
You pretty much need to retake the year. If your college won't let you, then you'll have to decide whether your dream degree is worth switching college for.

I've had the same thing, though on results that aren't quite as bad, and am leaving a sixth form I love because unfortunately I need grades, not good times :frown:.
Original post by Arkasia
Aight then, chill.

y so mad?
Original post by adil1231
y so mad?

le maymay master right here

Quick Reply

Latest