The Student Room Group

EY - Strengths Portal Tests

Hi,

I'm about to submit my application to EY for their internship programme, however when I look into the tests the candidates have to complete they only give details of 3 out of 4 which are:
Situational Strengths
Business Behaviours Test
Numerical Test

Does anybody know what the 4th test is?

Thanks

Scroll to see replies

"The Situational Strengths Test assesses eight strengths and takes you through a series of scenarios, asking you to choose how you would respond in each scenario.

The Business Behaviours Test assesses four business behaviours through 'a day in the life' scenario and asks you to rank your responses from how you are most likely to react to how you are least likely to react.

The Numerical Reasoning Test is made up of twelve questions and will be time recorded. This means that you can take as much time as you need to complete the test however scores are calculated on the basis of accuracy and the time taken to arrive at your response.

The What's your mind-set test measures five dimensions including problem solving, detail focus, learning languages, technology affinity and concentration."

From the Email, once you actually submit your application
Reply 2
Pretty sure the final test is verbal reasoning.
Reply 3
Hi Trivknot,

Are you sure about the verbal test?
I know most company prefer to do the verbal and numerical but EY doesn't say anything about Verbal test on their website.

Thanks,
Hi
There is no verbal reasoning.
They are strength assessment, business behaviours, numerical test and a what's your mind set.
Original post by hopefullgraduate
Hi
There is no verbal reasoning.
They are strength assessment, business behaviours, numerical test and a what's your mind set.

yup I corroborate this!
Reply 6
Original post by limonadeee
yup I corroborate this!

Thank you both!!
Hi Guys,

I've just completed my situational judgement , whats in your mind and business scenarios test.... how was it for you guys?

Personally found it a bit challenging

Also has anyone received any feedback regarding their tests?
Original post by legolas_09
Hi Guys,

I've just completed my situational judgement , whats in your mind and business scenarios test.... how was it for you guys?

Personally found it a bit challenging

Also has anyone received any feedback regarding their tests?

what did the business behavioural and whats in your mind tests entail if you dont mind sharing?
Reply 9
Original post by bosingwa11
what did the business behavioural and whats in your mind tests entail if you dont mind sharing?

The What's Your Mindset test is a series of statements that you have to allocate 25 points for each set (more points = more true about you), it's nothing to be worried about.

The Business Behaviours test from what I found and remember is just a bit like a situational judgement test but it's more related to work situations like what you'd do if someone asked you to do something last minute when you already had work to do and stuff.

On another note, has anyone done the phone interview yet? Mine's booked for Friday and I've had the call (where they give the help information), just wondering what anyone thought of it?
(edited 8 years ago)
I've just finished my numerical test and honestly it was really easy. I anticipated much harder questions but it was pretty simple :smile::smile:

Now I just have to wait 5 days - does this include the weekened?

fingers crossed I get to the telephone interview
Reply 11
I've just finished my numerical test and honestly it was really easy. I anticipated much harder questions but it was pretty simple :smile::smile:

Now I just have to wait 5 days - does this include the weekened?

fingers crossed I get to the telephone interview

I got an email about two days after taking the tests saying I'd been successful, and then it took 12 days for them to phone me and let me know how the interview worked and that did include a weekend :smile:

The numerical test is nice isn't it :wink:
Reply 12
Original post by Norch
I got an email about two days after taking the tests saying I'd been successful, and then it took 12 days for them to phone me and let me know how the interview worked and that did include a weekend :smile:

The numerical test is nice isn't it :wink:

been on hold with them for about 3 weeks after passing the online stage! congrats on passing the tests
Original post by happ
been on hold with them for about 3 weeks after passing the online stage! congrats on passing the tests

Maybe contact them for an update if you have been on hold that long, I only waited about 10 days including a weekend
Reply 14
What type of questions did you get on the numerical tests please?
Original post by Becksita
What type of questions did you get on the numerical tests please?

You get questions on percentage increase/decrease , ratios , basic addition and division. There is nothing to worry about trust me :biggrin:
You get questions on percentage increase/decrease , ratios , basic addition and division. There is nothing to worry about trust me :biggrin:

how many questions are there/how long does it take?
Original post by bosingwa11
how many questions are there/how long does it take?

There are 12 questions and it should take between 12-15 minutes. There is also a clock counting up.
There are 12 questions and it should take between 12-15 minutes. There is also a clock counting up.

can you recommend any prep to do? got my one tomorrow
Reply 19
Original post by Norch

On another note, has anyone done the phone interview yet? Mine's booked for Friday and I've had the call (where they give the help information), just wondering what anyone thought of it?

I received the info and help today about the phone interview and I think I will book mine for some time next week. I guess it will be a typical case on competency examples and commercial awareness. Good luck with yours and please do let us know how it goes today!

The numerical test is not a hard one especially compared to other ones. It is not timed backwards, it just counts how long one takes to submit their answer in every question. Strengths was a bit more complex indeed.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Quick Reply

Latest