The Student Room Group
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford

University of Surrey Twyford Court

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ls2396
I will probably get a lever arch aswell since i used them last year aswell, couldnt really find anywhere on the website about what to bring

Neither could I, I guess we should just bring anything we think might be useful and if you don't use it its not the end of the world...
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford
Reply 21
Original post by DestinySky
Neither could I, I guess we should just bring anything we think might be useful and if you don't use it its not the end of the world...

Yeah will be loads of places to get anything we dont have, do you have to do a maths test in your first week?
Yup, feeling okay about it, I've managed most of the practice questions they gave us although kinda rusty on Sequences and Series, you?
Reply 23
Yup, feeling okay about it, I've managed most of the practice questions they gave us although kinda rusty on Sequences and Series, you?

Practise questions? How did you get them? Im bit worried as i dont know whats gonna come up and what to recap :/
I was sent an email titled welcome to the department of mathematics there was a link there to a list of things you should know and at the bottom there were some refresher questions. It might be different if you're doing physics too but I can send a link if you want.
Reply 25
I was sent an email titled welcome to the department of mathematics there was a link there to a list of things you should know and at the bottom there were some refresher questions. It might be different if you're doing physics too but I can send a link if you want.

Yeah would be great thanks! I assume its the same test though unless it has more mechanics type question
Reply 27

Thanks! They all seem fine at a glance, was wondering if any were going to be based on further maths
I'm pretty sure they don't assume any knowledge of Further, Stats or Mechanics so everyone is in the same boat. Did you take further?
Reply 29
I'm pretty sure they don't assume any knowledge of Further, Stats or Mechanics so everyone is in the same boat. Did you take further?

Ahh okay cause that was my worry, did AS this year, had to self teach it though cause no teacher at my sixth form knew it haha,you?
Also did AS this year but was taught at school, I actually really enjoyed FP1.
Reply 31
Also did AS this year but was taught at school, I actually really enjoyed FP1.

Yeah same, wish i had a teacher for it cause if i got stuck had no one to ask

Quick Reply

Latest