The Student Room Group

Maths at QMUL

Anyone got ideas? Job prospects, teaching, facilities?Go there or retake?Got AAD.
Reply 1
Original post by edothero
Anyone got ideas? Job prospects, teaching, facilities?Go there or retake?Got AAD.

Which uni did you wanted to go to? I honestly suggest retaking and getting into a better uni with a better course (there is not a lot of things you get to explore compared to other uni).
Reply 2
Original post by kkboyk
Which uni did you wanted to go to? I honestly suggest retaking and getting into a better uni with a better course (there is not a lot of things you get to explore compared to other uni).

Kings,
No opportunity to do Further Maths and I want to stay in London so I'm limited.
Not worth retaking a year to go from QM to KCL, KCL is better but now that much better.

Plan to do MSc somewhere better.
Good luck to me..

(Thanks for the advice)
Reply 3
Original post by edothero
Kings,
No opportunity to do Further Maths and I want to stay in London so I'm limited.
Not worth retaking a year to go from QM to KCL, KCL is better but now that much better.

Plan to do MSc somewhere better.
Good luck to me..

(Thanks for the advice)

It's worth it to go elsewhere apart from London.
Reply 4
Original post by kkboyk
It's worth it to go elsewhere apart from London.

Need to stay in London :s-smilie:
OK. I am going on second year of mathematics on QMUL. In my first year I had first and I have friends that study in different universities. I can assure you that if you like challenge then mathematics degree is good for you no matter what university you go. You must be ready for a huge jump from A level I had A* to degree level. On QMUL you have support. PASS and academic advisor are really helpful. You can't imagine how many people from first year gone searching help in very first months of the course. If you will come searching for helpful hand it's likely that you will meet me there. QMUL is good. I am happy with my choice.
Best of luck

Quick Reply

Latest