The Student Room Group

Oxford or Cambridge? (Maths and Statistics)

Hi, I've just finished with my AS levels and got 5 A's in Maths, Further Maths, Physics, Chemistry, German.
I want to do Maths at Uni and I'm particularly interested in statistics.
Obviously Oxford and Cambridge are both great universities (as are Warwick, Nottingham etc.) and it probably doesn't matter that much which I choose, but it's very hard to pick.
I think I'm leaning towards Oxford because they seem to have a stronger stats department (and offer the Maths and Stats degree, which Cambridge don't).
Does anyone have any good advice about which to apply to?
Reply 1
Original post by Phillbo
Hi, I've just finished with my AS levels and got 5 A's in Maths, Further Maths, Physics, Chemistry, German.
I want to do Maths at Uni and I'm particularly interested in statistics.
Obviously Oxford and Cambridge are both great universities (as are Warwick, Nottingham etc.) and it probably doesn't matter that much which I choose, but it's very hard to pick.
I think I'm leaning towards Oxford because they seem to have a stronger stats department (and offer the Maths and Stats degree, which Cambridge don't).
Does anyone have any good advice about which to apply to?

Oxford does have the larger, and more reputable, Statistics department, and as you say the more bespoke Maths & Stats degree. But truth be told you're be well catered for at either university.

Quick Reply

Latest