The Student Room Group

What's the funniest/most random thing you have done (or will do) at university?

Just curious! Seems like lots of people do these funny, silly stuff while they're there haha
Reply 1
A mate from work got battered at a work do, got off the train at the wrong stop, tried to walk home to the next town through the countryside, got stuck/caught on a barbed wire fence, then couldn't be bothered to free himself so he slept in a random field trapped in a razor fence, upside down with his trousers down.
Somebody told me that they held a rubiks cube themed party. Everyone starts the night wearing clothes items of all different colours and by the end of the evening you have to try and end up all in one colour. "Can I have your sock?" Sounds like a good icebreaker too when you meet people :-) this night sounds like a fun idea

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lots of random stuff happens. You really can't predict it.

In my first year, me and a friend in my flat took a vacuum cleaner from the bin outside a train station. It was better than the one in our flat! Carried it for a good mile and a half.

In my house I lived in for second and third year, I locked myself out twice, but months apart. I had to take a train to a nearby city both times (such a pain) to get a spare key from my landlords mother-in-law, and both times I took a taxi to her house. The second time I told the taxi driver where I wanted to go and why and he was like "Oh somebody else did that last year... Wait, was that you!?". It was the same driver. So then I sat in his taxi with 2x shame. He certainly thought it was hilarious.

I went to a strip club with a mate once out of curiosity (he wasn't a student, he was visiting me) and I got into an argument with a stripper. She thought we had to buy a dance because we were chatting to her for ages, and she could've been more productive with other people so we were wasting her time. I was having none of it, so that went on and on, and my mate was wetting himself. He still reminds me of it. Probably one of those had-to-be-there things, but this is off the top of my head.

yeah, loads of weird **** happens. Good times.
I don't think I could even list all of the ridiculous stuff that happened while I was at Greenwich uni. My favourite story will always be when a friend of mine walked to Erith in the middle of the night (Erith is almost nine miles away from Greenwich) - this was during the year that legal highs got really popular, and all I can really say is that substances being sold as plant fertiliser are probably not meant to be consumed by humans.

There was also the time I walked into someone's kitchen and a bunch of people were snorting lines of Cadburys drinking chocolate off the table.

Or the time someone filled a sandwich bag with flour and left it behind the curtains in the kitchen for the cleaners to find, and they called the police for a drug raid.

The main halls of residence in Greenwich are above a Wetherspoons and everyone used to steal the high wooden chairs from the outside tables. The RAs got really mad at us and told us to get rid of them, but by this time one of them was covered in obscene graffiti, so a bunch of people took it down to the riverside in the middle of the night, smashed it up and threw the bits in the Thames. I still have a bit of chair with 'p*ssflaps' written on it. It's actually really shameful when I think about it, but at the time you just tend to go along with what everyone else is doing.

Another friend of mine in halls lived in a flat that was so disgusting the cleaners refused to come in. At the end of the year a load of us helped them clean their kitchen, and when we picked up the bin, the bottom fell out of it and maggots went all over the floor. Then we amused ourselves by seeing how close to the maggots you had to hold the vacuum cleaner before they got sucked up.
Original post by GarethHarris
Just curious! Seems like lots of people do these funny, silly stuff while they're there haha

We had nerf gun wars down our corridors. They suddenly became really cheap at the local supermarkets so we all went crazy buying them and then had full on warfare down the corridors.

We always used the desk chairs from our rooms and had races down the corridors with them.

Full corridor flat parties. Always interesting.

Loads of things!
Original post by Greg9874
A mate from work got battered at a work do, got off the train at the wrong stop, tried to walk home to the next town through the countryside, got stuck/caught on a barbed wire fence, then couldn't be bothered to free himself so he slept in a random field trapped in a razor fence, upside down with his trousers down.

Sad to hear he got battered but made me laugh that he couldn't be bothered to move hahaha
Original post by RedNebula
Somebody told me that they held a rubiks cube themed party. Everyone starts the night wearing clothes items of all different colours and by the end of the evening you have to try and end up all in one colour. "Can I have your sock?" Sounds like a good icebreaker too when you meet people :-) this night sounds like a fun idea

Posted from TSR Mobile

Probably the greatest thing to do to meet people

Quick Reply

Latest