The Student Room Group

More speculation: the Mark needed for a C in Edexcel Maths?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MMcG2015
Last year an A* was 164 so if they're going to be lowered it's not going to to 84/82.

And that's why i'm not getting an A* ahha :P Mean to say 80 for non calc and 82 for calc
Original post by Rigby16
Without a doubt they will be lowered however an A* will not be 79 per paper it'll be 84 for the calc and 82 for the non calc, something like that

If i revised AS maths during the holiday and asked them to test me on some modules and got good marks, would this show dedication and allow them to overlook my GCSE grade and let me do further maths???
Original post by Fintan21
If i revised AS maths during the holiday and asked them to test me on some modules and got good marks, would this show dedication and allow them to overlook my GCSE grade and let me do further maths???

158 sounds pretty darn close to an A*! If they see how good your marks are in these dodgy papers then I don't see why they should refuse you. Some people feel sick when doing GCSES or just have a moment of weakness so if you've consistently done well throughout the year, you'll be accepted for sure.

Haha, somehow i don't think it works like that however colleges do consider students on a case by case basis, so for my i needed a B in core science and a B in additional however I only achieved a C in my core last year therefore they said if i get an A in additional and support this with an A in history and geography (other subjects basically) then they would allow me to do the course due to my school not allowing me to re-take it this year.
Would 158/200 be an A star?? Really need an A star to do further maths Please reply asap, i'm extremely stressed out

Don't stress too much because we have to wait till August 20th to get our result but anyway 158 is A grade. And hopefully this year the grade boundaries might be lower compare to last year therefore you may get A* grade.
You'll be a comfy A i got about the same as u :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by HX_AZAAN_786
Do you think 58 marks would be enough for a grade C ????😥 any answers will be appreciated Thanks!!!

Definetly.
what do you guys think is an a overall this year??
Last year grade boundaries were 65% in both paper to get A in maths but this year the grade boundaries will be lower because everyone complained about paper 1. Hopefully you will get the grade you need.
thanks you too
Reply 50
Original post by 1d4.0
I think i got around 50 on paper 1 and maybe 45 on paper 2. Any idea what this would be overall?

High C probably
My absolute minimum marks are 88 and 78, but i suspect they would actually be 92 and 85. Would my bare minimum marks still equate to an Astar, I am just taking into consideration if I get a harsh marker. I usually get 90s in paper 2 ergh. MY minimum overall marks will be 166 which seems to be borderline A*
Original post by kjdm4
High C probably

That's B grade :smile:
That's B grade :smile:
Original post by Mustafam11
Don't stress too much because we have to wait till August 20th to get our result but anyway 158 is A grade. And hopefully this year the grade boundaries might be lower compare to last year therefore you may get A* grade.

I need to get mind off of it. Hopefully I get an A*
This is edexcel right?
Reply 56
Hiya I am aming for a C or B grade!! On my non calculator I will get roughly 25-30 and on calculator 30- 40.. Overall the total would be 50 -60 so what garde would I get??
Reply 57
what grade would 123/200 be?????? I really wanted an A :frown:
Original post by dardoo
what grade would 123/200 be?????? I really wanted an A :frown:

Last year the grade boundary for an A was 133. I reckon it will be about 130 this year considering the media attention that edexcel got. You may have just missed out on the A but you never know you may get more method marks and the boundary could be even lower
I need to get mind off of it. Hopefully I get an A*

I'm in the same position as you!

I need an A* in Maths to do Maths and FM at A level but totally fu*ked up on the exam

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending