The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

AS Resit student who wants to do Biochemistry at the University of Nottingham.

Hey guys,
I started my AS Levels in Biology, Chemistry and Maths last year and my results were DDU due to family issues throughout the year. I was allowed to I resit my AS subjects this year and start again fresh.

I'm extremely happy with my results at ABC (probably no where near as good as a lot of people on here's grades the first time around but pleeeeeeeeassssssssseee don't judge:h:). I'm wanting to study Biochemistry at the University of Nottingham or something along the lines of biology and chemistry but I'm worried about not getting into the university I wish because I'm a resit student :frown:

Could anyone advise me or if anyone knows of someone who's resat with similar grades and still got in- could you let me know?

University of Nottingham for Biochemistry Bsc require grades at AAB.

Reply 1
Original post by ZoeWoah
Hey guys,
I started my AS Levels in Biology, Chemistry and Maths last year and my results were DDU due to family issues throughout the year. I was allowed to I resit my AS subjects this year and start again fresh.

I'm extremely happy with my results at ABC (probably no where near as good as a lot of people on here's grades the first time around but pleeeeeeeeassssssssseee don't judge:h:). I'm wanting to study Biochemistry at the University of Nottingham or something along the lines of biology and chemistry but I'm worried about not getting into the university I wish because I'm a resit student :frown:

Could anyone advise me or if anyone knows of someone who's resat with similar grades and still got in- could you let me know?

you may aswell give up on going to a russell group university....sorry for being blunt
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by ZoeWoah
Hey guys,

Hi a lot of Universities do not frown upon resits and you had a genuine reason to resit. I feel along as you get the grades required you should be fine. I have a friend who resit his AS and he is now going to University of Manchester
Reply 3
Original post by dahl786
you may aswell give up on going to a russell group university....sorry for being blunt

I find that really upsetting haha, what if I get A's next year like all my teachers are expecting? Can I not get into Nottingham then?
Reply 4
Original post by Aidan.reed
Hi a lot of Universities do not frown upon resits and you had a genuine reason to resit. I feel along as you get the grades required you should be fine. I have a friend who resit his AS and he is now going to University of Manchester

That's really uplifting thank you! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest