The Student Room Group

Care Quality Commission Multi-Level Assessment

I applied for the role of Inspection Assistant and after going through the whole application process (initial application, online verbal numerical reasoning test etc.) I've been invited to attend a "multi- level assessment" event.

I have never been to one of these and have no idea what to expect. Has anyone ever been, have any tips, better yet work for the CQC/recently been through the process and give me tips on what to expect?
Reply 1
Update. 3 hour long assessment- Group exercise, In-Tray exercise and an Interview

Any help guys? WTF is an in-tray exercise?
Reply 2
Original post by itsmyname
Update. 3 hour long assessment- Group exercise, In-Tray exercise and an Interview

Any help guys? WTF is an in-tray exercise?

hi im in a similar situation wanted to know how the assessment went and just some more information about your experience of the recruitment process
Reply 3
Original post by cchukz
hi im in a similar situation wanted to know how the assessment went and just some more information about your experience of the recruitment process

Was pretty brutal. From what I remember the in-tray exercise is basically a test, a booklet of tasks where the scenario is that you work for an agency and have been drafted in to complete the administrative tasks left behind by the previous guy. The main point of this is to prioritise the tasks which are given as memo's. The second part for me was the one to one interview, where there were 2 people. Was pretty brutal, its supposed to last 15-30 minutes and they ask you competency based questions. Don't stutter and ah and erm like I did, and take up the offer of water!

The final task was a group discussion. Each and every candidate is being watched, and similar to task one all the scenarios are from a booklet. Make sure you jot things down, I wasn't aware that the notepad would be collected in at the end so I had nothing written down, as I just thought they were observing us

Needless to say I didn't get the job, but it was an experience
Hi, what do you mean exactly by competency based questions? what did these involve?

Regarding the in-tray exercise, were you meant to choose the answers from a given number of possible actions/answers? (like in multiple-choice questions)

Also, what were the group discussions about, please? And were you asked to write your name on the notepad?

Thank you!!
Reply 5
Anyone out there got an assessment centre for the graduate analysis position at CQC this month?
Original post by itsmyname
I applied for the role of Inspection Assistant and after going through the whole application process (initial application, online verbal numerical reasoning test etc.) I've been invited to attend a "multi- level assessment" event.

I have never been to one of these and have no idea what to expect. Has anyone ever been, have any tips, better yet work for the CQC/recently been through the process and give me tips on what to expect?

Original post by cchukz

Hi, im considering applying for a position there (inspector position atm).and just wanted to know how everything went regarding applications, mcqs and tests
Reply 7
Competency based questions based on CQC core values. They recommend that you answer questions using the STAR (situation, task, action, result) format, have a look on google and you’ll find more information.
Its a shame you didn't get the job. However, your experience is invaluable to me. Can you help?
I need some help with the CQC interview structure form start to finish
Reply 10
My interview was a 10 minute presentation on a question were given 5 days in advance, a 90 minute written exercise where you had to read a scenario then write an email to your manager explaining the situation and what actions you had taken and write a couple of letters to people. This was then followed by an hour of interview questions which were competency based. For example having to describe a situation and the actions you took. As previously mentioned the STAR method is recommended by CQC and I found it a very helpful way to structure my answers. Good luck with your interview.
Hello Redrow, I am very grateful for your instant reply. The information provided are quite detailed and useful. However, I have not secured an interview yet, I am only researching the entire process before I submit my application. While these process seem cumbersome and comprises of multifarious facets, may I ask you this one question which has always been a burden? Do you need to be an acting manager to apply for CQC inspecting manager role? In addition to other qualifications I have, I am a newly qualified Nurse with many years experience in care are an AP, CSW and HCA. Currently, I have enrolled on Diploma in health and social care level 5 in leadership and management boost my chances. Please tell me if I fit the standard requirement.

Quick Reply

Latest