The Student Room Group

Mature Student

I'm starting at Kingston University in September. Feeling quite anxious that I won't really gel with others, as I will be a mature student also I shall be commuting. Is anyone else in this situation?
Hey!

There's a forum for mature students: Mature Students :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Roving Fish
Hey!

There's a forum for mature students: Mature Students :smile:

Thankyou x
Both commuting and bring a mature student will most likely change how you experience university. However I think the understandable anxiety most mature students feel before starting exceeds the reality. I felt the same when I started, but the other mature students on my course immediately gravitated towards me and we've been friends since.

Do look to get involved in things. If going out at night is difficult due to the commute, look for daytime stuff. Also look into the mature students society at your university. The one at my university often goes for coffee together, where we sit around bitching about lectures and how kids today have such atrocious taste in music.
Reply 4
Original post by Quantex
Both commuting and bring a mature student will most likely change how you experience university. However I think the understandable anxiety most mature students feel before starting exceeds the reality. I felt the same when I started, but the other mature students on my course immediately gravitated towards me and we've been friends since.

Do look to get involved in things. If going out at night is difficult due to the commute, look for daytime stuff. Also look into the mature students society at your university. The one at my university often goes for coffee together, where we sit around bitching about lectures and how kids today have such atrocious taste in music.

Good advice, I shall look into a mature student society.
How mature is mature? 25 or 83?
What age classes you as mature?
Original post by khanpatel321
What age classes you as mature?

Technically anyone who's not of school leavers age (18). Most unis class you as mature if you're 21+ or some 25+.
Original post by cole-slaw
How mature is mature? 25 or 83?

Wait let me use my super power. Pew Pow Pew.

The OP is 29 years old.

Am I right?
Reply 9
Original post by AlmostNotable
Wait let me use my super power. Pew Pow Pew.

The OP is 29 years old.

Am I right?

Very Close, 28!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending