The Student Room Group

Is it still possible to get onto a university course if you don't meet the offer?

Basically I applied for university just before Christmas and had an interview at Bradford University which was my first choice for a Media course.. The interview went really well and the head of department told me he loved my enthusiasm and that he would love to offer me a place on the course.

My UCAS was later updated to say that I needed 280 UCAS Points and a C or above in English and Maths. Although the problem being, I'm not too sure if I have passed English and maths. At college, I obtained DDM which is more than 280 UCAS points, I may have passed my English but I'm doubtful and even more so about my maths because that exam didn't go well for me at all.

I'm wondering what my options are because I'm starting to panic for Thursday now and my results. I really want to go on this particular course at Bradford but I'm fearful I won't get in now.

Is it likely they will just turn me away for not having the grades if I have failed? Or do universities kind of help you out in some way or another?
Reply 1
Original post by jlawson118
Basically I applied for university just before Christmas and had an interview at Bradford University which was my first choice for a Media course.. The interview went really well and the head of department told me he loved my enthusiasm and that he would love to offer me a place on the course.

My UCAS was later updated to say that I needed 280 UCAS Points and a C or above in English and Maths. Although the problem being, I'm not too sure if I have passed English and maths. At college, I obtained DDM which is more than 280 UCAS points, I may have passed my English but I'm doubtful and even more so about my maths because that exam didn't go well for me at all.

I'm wondering what my options are because I'm starting to panic for Thursday now and my results. I really want to go on this particular course at Bradford but I'm fearful I won't get in now.

Is it likely they will just turn me away for not having the grades if I have failed? Or do universities kind of help you out in some way or another?
It depends on the uni. As soon as you have your results to hand, whatever they are, get in touch with the uni and let them know.

Hi, Jack is it? Best of luck if you're yet to pick up your results today! As soon as you receive your results take a picture of them and email them to [email protected] along with your UCAS personal ID number or UB number. Don't panic, we'll go through everything with you and we're here to help. AJ
Reply 3
Original post by University of Bradford - Faculty representatives
Hi, Jack is it? Best of luck if you're yet to pick up your results today! As soon as you receive your results take a picture of them and email them to [email protected] along with your UCAS personal ID number or UB number. Don't panic, we'll go through everything with you and we're here to help. AJ

Thank you! Well I actually got a B in English which I wasn't expecting to pass at all so I'm really pleased, even with my maths I passed that as well. I've only just seen your reply now but I already did scan my results in and emailed them a bit since ago as soon as I got home.

I'm literally over the moon. I wasn't expecting to pass either of them at all!
Thank you! Well I actually got a B in English which I wasn't expecting to pass at all so I'm really pleased, even with my maths I passed that as well. I've only just seen your reply now but I already did scan my results in and emailed them a bit since ago as soon as I got home.

I'm literally over the moon. I wasn't expecting to pass either of them at all!

That's amazing, well done! I know you were worried about your results so that's great to hear, now you can celebrate all your results. That's perfect, we should see the email soon and then we'll update your application. If you have any queries, you have our email address now, so don't hesitate to get in touch. Have fun celebrating! AJ

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending