The Student Room Group

Revision techniques

I'm a study Holic seriously I can't stop studying but I want to know some good revision techniques any ???
Reply 1
Maths exams do all the book completely understand it then past papers then Solomon papers and if you are not good by the give up.
Reply 2
Thanks !!
Reply 3
i have the same problem here, I can revise till school starts but nothing is getting in my head. Its really annoying because once school starts ill be more motivated but i would have alot more work to do and then that would cause more stress. Does anyone have any revision techniques cause im just lost.
Reply 4
Original post by jenny01
i have the same problem here, I can revise till school starts but nothing is getting in my head. Its really annoying because once school starts ill be more motivated but i would have alot more work to do and then that would cause more stress. Does anyone have any revision techniques cause im just lost.

What are you revising for? Everyone has different techniques and as someone who only does STEM subjects I can't help for subjects like History where you have to store lots of information. But in STEM it is all about understanding what you are doing when you get that down you can practice questions and feel very confident in doing so.
Reply 5
im doing maths, accounting and economics
Reply 6
Original post by jenny01
im doing maths, accounting and economics

Mathematics like I said do all of the book completely understand it if you get stuck ask a teacher to explain if you still don't get it ask someone else with a different approach. Then do past papers and Solomon papers.

For accounting and economics I would suggest a method to remember the information you need. Those who are more creative find mind maps a good resource. For things to go into your mind though you need them to be repeated; post it notes are good for this as if you place them on a wall in front of your desk or bed you will look at it everyday and are more likely to remember the information.

The best thing to do is try many technique and see what works for you best.
Reply 7
thank you so much for the trips, I will try and have a go at them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending