The Student Room Group
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford

Chemical Engineering at Surrey

Who else is studying Chemical Engineering at Surrey?
Reply 1
Original post by maccaism
Who else is studying Chemical Engineering at Surrey?

I AM!!
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford
Reply 2
Original post by Mars256
I AM!!

That's awesome! Boy or girl?
Reply 3
That's awesome! Boy or girl?

I'm male, I presume you're from the UK.
Reply 4
Original post by Mars256
I'm male, I presume you're from the UK.

Yep
Reply 5
Yep

What sort of A-Levels did you do, what grades?
Reply 6
Yh i am
You're going to be disappointed unless you have low expectations to begin with. The department is in a transition. Basically, the investment in the department was pretty much non-existence and so now they're trying to do everything at once - as part of the intense focus on getting high in league tables to make people think it's better than Imperial or whatever - and it's a shambles.

There are many people without physics, but who instead have third subjects such as history. Three Bs has been known, as has the odd C. Standard of your peers will not be particularly high, but they'll all 2:1s or firsts as the exams have about 40% definitions.
Reply 8
Original post by ChristopherHuey
You're going to be disappointed unless you have low expectations to begin with. The department is in a transition. Basically, the investment in the department was pretty much non-existence and so now they're trying to do everything at once - as part of the intense focus on getting high in league tables to make people think it's better than Imperial or whatever - and it's a shambles.

There are many people without physics, but who instead have third subjects such as history. Three Bs has been known, as has the odd C. Standard of your peers will not be particularly high, but they'll all 2:1s or firsts as the exams have about 40% definitions.

How long would the transition take?
Reply 9
I am too
Thats kl, are you doing a year in industry?
Reply 11
Original post by Chem_eng
Thats kl, are you doing a year in industry?

Yes I am :smile: .. Are you?
Original post by Emmy Em
Yes I am :smile: .. Are you?

Yh i can't wait to start :smile:
Reply 13
Original post by Chem_eng
Yh i can't wait to start :smile:

Thats great :smile: Same here!!!
Reply 14
Original post by Emmy Em
Thats great :smile: Same here!!!

Male or female? I can only find males going, I hope I'm not the only female there
Anyone in manor park james black block B 39-46?
Reply 16
Male or female? I can only find males going, I hope I'm not the only female there

Haha female :smile: you are not alone..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending