The Student Room Group

University of Cambridge Medicine Applicants 2016

Scroll to see replies

I've applied to Corpus for Medicine, but in hindsight that was probably a mistake.
My UMS is 85% and SUMS is 86%, which are absolutely dreadful, i have extenuating circumstances though (family deaths etc)
At GCSE I got 12A*s and an A, with full marks in a few modules.
I have 2930 in my UKCAT (obviously not relevant to Cambridge).
I have a ton of work experience and (in my opinion) my Personal Statement is pretty good.
Basically my problem is my AS UMS, do you think Corpus will take everything else into consideration? Or will they just straight up reject me for interview?

:frown:
You did not talk anything about BMAT. Did you take it? If you did and you score 6.5 or plus in section A and section B, then I believe you stand a good chance. otherwise you may find it very challenging as the average UMS 1st quintile for 2015 entry was 94.5, I think. I nearly fell off when I saw that number. It shows how competitive it is to rad medicine at Cambridge! Anyway good luck !
Yeah I sat my BMAT on November 5th, results are released this coming Wednesday. I should get ~6.5, thats what i was getting in practise papers anyway. Thanks :smile:
Does anyone know when unis receive our BMAT Results? I just got an interview invitation from St John's, for overseas applicants in Australia. I was wondering if this was just based on my ums or if they had my BMAT results by now?
Original post by emanie96
Does anyone know when unis receive our BMAT Results? I just got an interview invitation from St John's, for overseas applicants in Australia. I was wondering if this was just based on my ums or if they had my BMAT results by now?

Nah, they don't have it yet. Different colleges use the BMAT differently and at different stages. You should probably be able to find out how St John's uses BMAT through their website. :smile:
Has anyone heard from Gonville & Caius yet?
What is the best way to prepare for the cambridge interview?what subjects should I revise?
Original post by emanie96

Original post by shinthong123
Nah, they don't have it yet. Different colleges use the BMAT differently and at different stages. You should probably be able to find out how St John's uses BMAT through their website. :smile:

You might find this useful:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1775130

Although could very well be outdated for some colleges
Reply 88
Original post by Asklepios
You might find this useful:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1775130

Although could very well be outdated for some colleges

Do St John's actually interview people with 85% average?? Thanks :smile:
Original post by Azula
Do St John's actually interview people with 85% average?? Thanks :smile:

No idea. That thread is 4 years old now. But the trend at most Cambridge colleges is to interview everyone who meets the minimum entry requirements and has a realistic chance of an offer.
Do bmat results come out at midnight on Wednesday?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 91
Original post by Boonboon123
Do bmat results come out at midnight on Wednesday?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, but on the night of the 24th/25th as opposed to the 25th/26th i.e. 00:00 GMT on Wednesday 25th.
Reply 92
Original post by Anti-Dirac
Yes, but on the night of the 24th/25th as opposed to the 25th/26th i.e. 00:00 GMT on Wednesday 25th.

So basically midnight on Wednesday :lol:

I bet we'll all be up :')
Reply 93
Original post by Azula
So basically midnight on Wednesday :lol:

I bet we'll all be up :':wink:

Well "midnight on Wednesday" confused me when I first read it :tongue:
I want to stay up but I feel like the website will crash so I'll probably wait until morning to see :s-smilie:
Reply 94
Original post by Anti-Dirac
Well "midnight on Wednesday" confused me when I first read it :tongue:
I want to stay up but I feel like the website will crash so I'll probably wait until morning to see :s-smilie:

Did you read the BMAT thread from last year? It did crash :colonhash:
I probably will stay up, the anticipation and dread will prevent me from sleeping lol
Reply 95
Original post by HunterListerDrew
Has anyone heard from Gonville & Caius yet?

You probably will hear from Caius by the end of this week. They always send out interview offers one week before the interview week (7 to 11 December).

(I'm a current Caius student)
Got 6.7 9.0 2.5B! Knew I'd messed up the essay but overall I guess it's ok!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 97
Got 6.7 9.0 2.5B! Knew I'd messed up the essay but overall I guess it's ok!

Posted from TSR Mobile

wow screw you with your 9 ;P
i got 6.4, 6.2, 2.5A
Which college?
Original post by Eszti
wow screw you with your 9 ;P
i got 6.4, 6.2, 2.5A
Which college?

Thanks :smile: corpus, wbu? And how much do cambridge care about the essay? :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 99
Thanks :smile: corpus, wbu? And how much do cambridge care about the essay? :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

St John's! Im hoping they will be lenient :s-smilie: I dont think they care as much as UCL tbh. We shall see :s-smilie: have you heard from them yet?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending