The Student Room Group

Xmas temp jobs

Just wondering when xmas temp jobs come about, I have been looking for some part time job for a few months now and no luck at all. Hopefully the xmas temp jobs that come in will help me secure a job but any idea when stores start posting for them?

Also in terms of websites is indeed generally regarded as the best site for job listings?

Scroll to see replies

Don't wait until stores post for them. Get your CV in early.
Reply 2
Hiya,

Good luck on your job hunting! I am sure you will find something. Indeed is the best in terms of finding jobs based on my previous experience. I will list a few places below which are generally good in employing Christmas Temps; Some of the ones listed below may have applications out already.

- Next
- Debenhams
- The Entertainer
- Marks & Spencers

I'd try and get yourself some experience if you don't have any already, volunteering is a great method. Try applying as soon as possible - sometimes the earlier you apply, the longer your contract is (Eg, Debenhams may employ you from Sept to Jan) if you applied now - I don't work for Debenhams so that might not be the case, but it's just an example!

Best of Luck
Ryan
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 3
I have previous expereince from last year where I worked for Argos during Christmas time and also worked for Next during the summer so I hope that experience will be enough on my CV to tempt stores this year as I have had 0 luck the past 3 months
Reply 4
Try British Home Stores too!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I work at The Card Factory and we hire temps around this time every year😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Indeed is good.
Reply 7
When are places going to start hiring for Christmas temps? September?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes September.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by GeorgiaAnnBeal

Posted from TSR Mobile

How do i apply for a job there?
Original post by turquoisecat
How do i apply for a job there?

Ask for an application form in store and hand it in with your CV attached☺️.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sodafly
Just wondering when xmas temp jobs come about, I have been looking for some part time job for a few months now and no luck at all. Hopefully the xmas temp jobs that come in will help me secure a job but any idea when stores start posting for them?

Also in terms of websites is indeed generally regarded as the best site for job listings?

Id get your CV handed in around about now.
Places will be advertising christmas jobs soon. Some have started advertising already.
Places i know that have started advertising already are- card factory, pandora, argos, toys r u, the entertainer.
Reply 12
Ye I applied for game but it turns out my local store doesn't want to recruit anymore so I got declined there in the end.

Currently applied to EE,Vodafone,Argos,Next,HoF,Argos (again),Carphone warhouse,the entertainier,whsmith and other places and some of them for multiple roles and I am barley hearing anything back :frown:, I have a lot of experience in customer services and retail so it is pretty disheartening.

I live in Leeds btw, So I except more places to start pumping out new positions soon.
I agree i applied for a new store opening in my area at wilkos and its been 6 weeks ive not heard anything back. The store is opeining in 10 days

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you know what the pay is like for under 18s?

I have a job interview with them on friday :smile:
It's all NMW😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
. .
(edited 8 years ago)
It's all NMW😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

? What's NMW?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Excuse Me!

Sorry haha, National Minimum Wage, you can find rates on the gov website😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sodafly

Loads of places are already advertising their Christmas jobs so definitely not too early to start looking. Indeed has loads of jobs on it but is quite painful to use. A few of my friends found their jobs using an app called JobMine. Not sure if it has jobs outside London though.

Hope this helps

Quick Reply

Latest