The Student Room Group

IMechE Scholarship Interview advice?

Hi there!

I found out today I've got to the interview stage in the application process for the IMechE Undergraduate Scholarship - the interview is on the 3rd of September and will be 40 minutes long.

Is there anyone here who has done this interview or one for a similar kind of scholarship who could tell me what kind of questions to expect? Will it be questions about me or lots of technical questions or both? What will the general atmosphere of the interview be? On the letter it also says I can bring along "any portable material which you feel could be used to support your application", what kind of thing would this be?

Any and all advice is much appreciated, thank you!!
Hi, i've got an interview tomorrow too for IMechE Undergrad scholarship. I'm not really sure what to expect there either so it's difficult to prepare anything in advance.
Original post by mrhaneshp
Hi, i've got an interview tomorrow too for IMechE Undergrad scholarship. I'm not really sure what to expect there either so it's difficult to prepare anything in advance.

I can only think to really read up on the stuff I wrote in my essay and be prepared for awful questions like "tell me about yourself". It's going to be so competitive I'm kinda ****ting it 😬
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 3
Hi guys, I have mine in 2 weeks time would you mind telling me what your interviews were like please? Thanks so much!
I don't suppose any of you have now had your interview and are able to give me any clues as to what to expect? I feel massively underprepared :afraid:
Reply 5
Did you guys have an interview ? Are you able to share any tips or advice ? What sort of questions did u get asked ?

Quick Reply

Latest