The Student Room Group

Not signed a contract with Tesco.

Hello
I started working for Tesco a month ago and have not signed a contract with them yet, is this normal?

I asked about it on Saturday and they said it wasnt ready yet.

Im on a flexi contract from 4am to midday currently in talks with another store to transfer with their blessing.

Can anyone give me some advice?
Thank you.
(edited 8 years ago)
I've worked for them twice and both times signed my contract before starting work. I'd speak to your manager if I was you and sort out your contract :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Jesse-May
I've worked for them twice and both times signed my contract before starting work. I'd speak to your manager if I was you and sort out your contract :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have tried too. But they said its not ready yet. They dont even know my employee number which is worrying, I have no idea if im wasting my time considering I joined them a week before they all got paid.
(edited 8 years ago)
That doesn't sound right, they've always had mine done before I start and I've signed them before starting as it is just simply printing the same thing for everyone. The only difference is your name and the hours mentioned on the contract :\ so I don't know why yours isn't ready but I would seriously get it sorted. They are paid every 4 weeks and if you have been there a month it should be coming up to payday soon so you'll need your employee number to log in online to view your payslip (you should also get a hard copy of your payslip too)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Jesse-May
That doesn't sound right, they've always had mine done before I start and I've signed them before starting as it is just simply printing the same thing for everyone. The only difference is your name and the hours mentioned on the contract :\ so I don't know why yours isn't ready but I would seriously get it sorted. They are paid every 4 weeks and if you have been there a month it should be coming up to payday soon so you'll need your employee number to log in online to view your payslip (you should also get a hard copy of your payslip too)

Posted from TSR Mobile

At the induction, someone asked about our contracts and they said "4 to 6 weeks".
I guess maybe your store do it differently, just both of the ones I've worked for do the contract bit first

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending