Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Proxenus
already failed twice -_-

i got 41/50, 51/75 1st try
then 47/50, 41/75 2nd try

you need 43/50 , 44/75

fml
In that case you're not allowed to fail this time. Tomorrow don't go on TSR or on your phone and just do mock tests/hazard perception. I'll follow my this advice too. :flutter:
You passed hazard first time, and then theory second time though. That's bad luck.
Original post by Experial
My theory test is on the 20th :s-smilie:.

Definitely for the first bit ie: multiple choice

Hazard perception is a bitch. You can actually lose marks for being quicker than the computer. With the HP, you have to learn how to "play" it. At least when I did it. The HP is horrible and not like real life...In real life, if you can spot the hazard before the computer, that's a pretty good thing...

Learn how to "play" the HP. multiple choice questions? You'll be fine

FYI, passed first time
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by DiddyDec
The hazard perception is easy. The dangers are obvious.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The HP penalises you for noticing hazards too quickly..
Original post by The_Internet
The HP penalises you for noticing hazards too quickly..

I got 98% is isn't difficult in the slightest.
Reply 24
Definitely for the first bit ie: multiple choice

Hazard perception is a bitch. You can actually lose marks for being quicker than the computer. With the HP, you have to learn how to "play" it. At least when I did it. The HP is horrible and not like real life...In real life, if you can spot the hazard before the computer, that's a pretty good thing...

Learn how to "play" the HP. multiple choice questions? You'll be fine

FYI, passed first time

You've scared me tbh
Original post by DiddyDec
I got 98% is isn't difficult in the slightest.

No one said any thing about difficulty. I remember getting quite high on the HP and very high on multi choice

I saw the hazards before the computer did and got penalised for it so i made a little system up and that worked when i went to do the test for real
The CD is the best way

i passed first time

got 46/50 for theory and 55/75 for hazard
Original post by somemightsay888
The multiple choice questions are easy and definitely doable in one day, just common sense and a few minor facts. The Hazard Perception will take a lot longer, if you've not revised that then you've failed lel.

Hazard perception is pure common sense
You've scared me tbh

I kept getting penalised on the CD, so I had this method

1. CLick when you VERY first see the hazard
2. Click when the hazard is close to you
3. Click when you've just passed the hazard.

Practise on the CD first. See what happens there tbh

Original post by HornDirndlFest
Hazard perception is pure common sense

It is, but you're penalised for noticing hazards "too early" In the real world that's a GOOD thing not a bad thing. Both of them are "common sense" And again I say this as someone who got almost 100% on the actual theory and pretty high (Can't remember what) on the HP

This also being said, I did do my test some 4 years ago. The HP may be a lot better these days
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 29
Original post by Pikachu94
The CD is the best way

i passed first time

got 46/50 for theory and 55/75 for hazard

It is, but you're penalised for noticing hazards "too early" In the real world that's a GOOD thing not a bad thing. Both of them are "common sense" And again I say this as someone who got almost 100% on the actual theory and pretty high (Can't remember what) on the HP

This also being said, I did do my test some 4 years ago. The HP may be a lot better these days

I don't understand anti lock brakes :cry:
I studied the day before because I completely forgot I had it the next day haha. Used online tests and apps, and practiced hazard perception a fair bit and pretty much the same questions came up. I've heard that they throw in another 5 new questions every year so it's pretty likely that you'll get like the same questions. As for the HP I just clicked a few times over a 3 second interval to make sure I got as many points as possible, but you just got to be careful that you don't over-do it. Good luck anyway :smile:
Reply 31
yes i did but thats because i have a couple driving lessons already
I don't understand anti lock brakes :cry:

they prevent the wheels from locking up basically.

here is what google says

Anti-lock braking system (ABS) is an automobile safety system that allows the wheels on a motor vehicle to maintain tractive contact with the road surface according to driver inputs while braking, preventing the wheels from locking up (ceasing rotation) and avoiding uncontrolled skidding.

why?
Tomorrow is my test

My tip is to not click more than once in 2s

When you see a hazard do not spam clicks

2 clicks will suffice.

click --> *1s later (not 0.8s not 0.9s)* --> click

Its very important you spot them EARLY. you want the 5s!! some of these hazards will be seen at a distance. so look ahead!!
Reply 35
Original post by Pikachu94
they prevent the wheels from locking up basically.

here is what google says

Anti-lock braking system (ABS) is an automobile safety system that allows the wheels on a motor vehicle to maintain tractive contact with the road surface according to driver inputs while braking, preventing the wheels from locking up (ceasing rotation) and avoiding uncontrolled skidding.

Thank you
Reply 36
Tomorrow is my test

2 clicks will suffice.

Its very important you spot them EARLY. you want the 5s!! some of these hazards will be seen at a distance. so look ahead!!

Thanks. I've only practiced multiple choice so ill have to follow what you said and hope for the best...
Good luck!
Thanks. I've only practiced multiple choice so ill have to follow what you said and hope for the best...
Good luck!

http://www.theory-test-online.co.uk/free-hazard-perception-test-demo.htm
why?

It's what worked for me on the CD. No other reason
Tomorrow is my test

2 clicks will suffice.

This is true, however don't actively make it look like you're gaming the system even though that's exactly what works... ie: don't use a full on pattern. Again, today the HP test may well be a lot better than four years ago. It should not be the case that people are penalised for noticing hazards too early..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending