The Student Room Group

Do White People think there is a secret 'privilege' system benefiting their lives?

Scroll to see replies

Yeah, try telling the Slavs or the Irish how privileged they are..
I think its the other way around. Most of the newsreaders/presenters on the BBC seem to be Black/Asian, as are our doctors, accountants, lawyers etcetc....and most universities seem to have a fixation on ethnic minorities to the point where you walk around a city like Bristol and your thinking, 'why have I not heard a local accent in the last half hour?'. Its only really the Met. Police that is majority Anglo white and thats because ethnics don't really want to do that job. A marxist Jewish conspiracy if anything.
"Do white people think they are privileged?". Maybe 5% do. More among impressionable young. But really most white people know it's bs and rightly so.

"Do non-white people think white people are privileged?". Probably most do. Although less so in races that do well.
Reply 143
Original post by B-Man.
I agree that White privilege exists. However, anecdotal evidence is one of the lowest forms of evidence you can use. There is broad agreement on the relative strength of the principal types of research, or epidemiological studies. Randomized controlled trials (RCTs) rank above observational studies, while anecdotal experience are ranked at the bottom. See below for an example of this:

You do realise the image you are using refers to some kind of drug testing...
Original post by ridwan12
No that society is setup in a way that racism against white people doesn't exist, discrimination yes but not racism.

So if a bunch of my Asian friends and I go get drunk and kick some random white dudes head in, because he's white, that isn't racist?
Original post by cmfunk
You do realise the image you are using refers to some kind of drug testing...

Yes, I couldn't find a picture that was specific to the social sciences. It refers to the scientific method but I thought it was easy to extrapolate to this discussion.
Original post by ridwan12
No that society is setup in a way that racism against white people doesn't exist, discrimination yes but not racism.

Racism is a type of discrimination - discrimination that is motivated by race. Why are there so many people who think they can just make up new definitions for words if they don't like the real definition? Is education in this country really so shocking bad that people lack the thinking skills which even an 8 year old should possess?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending