The Student Room Group
Main building
University of Bradford
Bradford

Bradford University Foundation clinical science/medicine applicants & chat thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by A__R
My interview was on the 11th November, when is yours?

Posted from TSR Mobile

How did it go? Im slightly nervous for mine and mine is for 9th December
Main building
University of Bradford
Bradford
Reply 181
Original post by badhand45
How did it go? Im slightly nervous for mine and mine is for 9th December

I was super nervous too ahah just make sure you practice medicine question answers. It must have gone well because I got an offer

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by A__R
I was super nervous too ahah just make sure you practice medicine question answers. It must have gone well because I got an offer

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well I've met the admissions tutors and they are lovely. Do they interview you?
Original post by A__R

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey wat kind of question do they generally ask?
Reply 184
Original post by Coolandcalm1
Hey wat kind of question do they generally ask?

Just revise over the standard medicine questions

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi, I just got invited for an interview yesterday and its on the 16th of December, anyone else got it on the same day
Hey guys,
Yesterday I received an unconditional offer from Bradford from the program-so chuffed (especially how awful the interview went)!
Wondering if anyone else has been offered a place?
In terms of the interview, go over your PS as they tend to ask some questions from there. This course is extremely competitive, so don't take the interview lightly!
Also is this your insurance choice?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by ykhanagha77
Hey guys,
Yesterday I received an unconditional offer from Bradford from the program-so chuffed (especially how awful the interview went)!
In terms of the interview, go over your PS as they tend to ask some questions from there. This course is extremely competitive, so don't take the interview lightly!

Hey my interview is in 2 weeks and im applying to the foundation year as i havent done science A levels...My Personal statement is based on studying sciences more than Medicine...ive been over my personal statement but when it comes to medical questions what kind of questions do they ask...do u mind giving me an example of one...are they questions like why u wanna do medicine? etc

Thanks
Hey my interview is in 2 weeks and im applying to the foundation year as i havent done science A levels...My Personal statement is based on studying sciences more than Medicine...ive been over my personal statement but when it comes to medical questions what kind of questions do they ask...do u mind giving me an example of one...are they questions like why u wanna do medicine? etc

Thanks

My interview date is 9th December. Whens yours

Posted from TSR Mobile
When I had my interview they didn't really ask for my reason to study medicine.
They focused more on my work experiences and what I learnt from them.
e.g Give us an example of where you used communication skills as your work experience.
Are you applying to route 2 of clinical sciences or do you want to transfer to Leeds?
When I had my interview they didn't really ask for my reason to study medicine.
They focused more on my work experiences and what I learnt from them.
e.g Give us an example of where you used communication skills as your work experience.
Are you applying to route 2 of clinical sciences or do you want to transfer to Leeds?

What does route 2 lead on to..?? i know 3 leeds on to medicine and 1 is basically studying the course for 3 years + 1 foundation
Original post by badhand45
My interview date is 9th December. Whens yours

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mines on the 11th...All the best for ur interview...Let me know how it goes :smile:
What does route 2 lead on to..?? i know 3 leeds on to medicine and 1 is basically studying the course for 3 years + 1 foundation

Route 1- Clinical science 3 year course (no transfer).
Route 2-Clinical science with a foundation year (no transfer). Suitable for students who didn't take chemistry/biology at A level.
Route 3- Clinical science with a foundation year ( transfer to Leeds or other medical schools/courses).

Hope this helps
I think someone should make a Facebook page for 2016 offer holders for clinical science!
how did you get an unconditional, may i ask ??
Hey guys,
Mine was on 18th November. Still waiting for a reply.
How did you get the offer?? Via email or post ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 196
Original post by zzulfiqar
Mine was on 18th November. Still waiting for a reply.
How did you get the offer?? Via email or post ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It came on UCAS first and then like a week later a letter in the post

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got an unconditional offer today!
I want to study medicine so this is my back up.
However, after visiting the university and the learning about the course, I think its very interesting and fun. Lovely city and gorgeous university and accommodation (very modern).
The course is very competitive so don't take the interview lightly.
Best tip for the interview is to be CONFIDENT and be yourself. If you don't know the answer to a question show them that you are able to think logically about the question in order to give your answer (think out loud). Enjoy!
Original post by S.rishh
Got an unconditional offer today!
I want to study medicine so this is my back up.
However, after visiting the university and the learning about the course, I think its very interesting and fun. Lovely city and gorgeous university and accommodation (very modern).
The course is very competitive so don't take the interview lightly.
Best tip for the interview is to be CONFIDENT and be yourself. If you don't know the answer to a question show them that you are able to think logically about the question in order to give your answer (think out loud). Enjoy!

Well done! I take it you live quite far if you are looking at accommodation. Where else have you applied to then?
Well done! I take it you live quite far if you are looking at accommodation. Where else have you applied to then?

Thank you...yeah I live in London :smile:
I have applied to KING's, Southampton, leeds and aberdeen
wbu?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending