The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Student Nights

Havent been to that many and i really need to get into town in the week to see whether its really worth getting in halls for the first year. I went Paparazzi in printworks (cos my stupid mate wouldnt go lovetrain and didnt get in Opus!) and it was **** to say the least! Ishmael Miller was in there though (city player)

Was supposed to move around last night but it was a hired out party so didnt go anywhere else in the end

where are the recommended nights/places
Avoid the Printworks like the plague.

Go to Bierkeiller, Big Hands, Night and Day, Revoloution, Bar XS, The Friendship. Queen of Hearts, Kro 2 and Ark!!!
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 2
jaydoh

Go to Bierkeiller, Big Hands, Night and Day, Revoloution, Bar XS, The Friendship. Queen of Hearts, Kro 2 and Ark!!!

Would avoid QoTarts personally but fair game.
QOT not been in there but I have heard it's good.
Reply 4
jaydoh
QOT not been in there but I have heard it's good.

And by that I meant Queen of Hearts, unless it's a joke, in which, forgiveness please.
Reply 5
Funny, my best nights as a student haven't been in Manchester. Proof that it's the company not the location.
Reply 6
42nd Street on a wednesday.

its great!! but it is all about who you are with, not where you are!
As I don't know what kind of music you listen to, I'll just list all the popular places: Tiger Tiger, Opus (on a Saturday), Warehouse Project, MTwo, Birdcage, Loaf, Sugar Lounge, Po Na Na, Pure, Baa Baa, etc etc..
Reply 8
Sankeys if you're into drum and base,house etc. i prefer 42nd on a thursday personally. Roadhouse on a monday is good fun and something a bit different if you fancy a change. the roller disco is also worth trying out. Subspace do 70s and 80s night where loads of drink and entry is 70/80p...cant remember what nights though
Reply 9
jaydoh

Apart from revolution Ive never heard of those! and dont know where they are lol

Yes I know the places ask ur idol mentioned but where and on what night

paparazzi was £5 on a ****ty wednesday and i paid £3 to get in pure on the saturday so so much for cheap week student nights!

Music varies, I like funky house and old school garage (your never finding me a place that plays that in town lol)
Nick-2
Apart from revolution Ive never heard of those! and dont know where they are lol

Yes I know the places ask ur idol mentioned but where and on what night

paparazzi was £5 on a ****ty wednesday and i paid £3 to get in pure on the saturday so so much for cheap week student nights!

Music varies, I like funky house and old school garage (your never finding me a place that plays that in town lol)

This is where and when I usually go out

Monday: Tiger Tiger or Loaf
Tuesday: Its a bit of a quiet night around town, but many people go to bars like Revolution, Bar XS, Queen of Hearts, Sugar Lounge, etc
Wednesday: This semester, its Birdcage. Last semester, it was MTwo.
Thursday: I like going to One Central... Opus is busy (but mainly an Asian crowd), and people go to Pure/Paparazzi
Friday: 5th Ave or 42nd Street, I think..
Saturday: Opus (amazing) or Coco Rooms (its expensive, but its always one of my best nights out).
Sunday: Your room watching a DVD
Reply 11
Sounds good mate, you sound like my kinda guy lol. Still never been to opus! I well want to try sugar lounge and coco rooms just to see too

Where you satying btw mate? I think I've decided to stay at home or maybe go to fallowfield. Went to the management open day today and they put me off the idea of satying in the city or near the lectures.

Every night seemed to be about indie, i forgot to mention simple dance wen the girl was asking me what I like.

BUT STILL where are the speed garage/niche/bassline nights that arent in some dive thats full of 'gangsters'
Nick-2
Sounds good mate, you sound like my kinda guy lol. Still never been to opus! I well want to try sugar lounge and coco rooms just to see too

Where you satying btw mate? I think I've decided to stay at home or maybe go to fallowfield. Went to the management open day today and they put me off the idea of satying in the city or near the lectures.

Every night seemed to be about indie, i forgot to mention simple dance wen the girl was asking me what I like.

BUT STILL where are the speed garage/niche/bassline nights that arent in some dive thats full of 'gangsters'

No idea about garage/niche stuff... haven't really looked into it. I've heard about this club or night called HipHoperation or something tho, look into it.

I'm at Hulme Hall, and also do Management. :yy:

Latest

Trending

Trending