The Student Room Group

Has anyone done or is doing a triple honours course at university?

Has anyone done or is doing a triple honours course at uni? I'm talking about the ones where you can study three different subjects from a chosen list, as opposed to the triple languages course. Just intrigued as to how people have found them, what the workload is like etc. :smile:
I'm not really sure about them - never heard of a triple one before! But I'm doing a double and what they do is cut down the learning time of the other subjects e.g. instead of doing 16 hours a week of subject a you do 8 hours of subject a and 8 hours of subject b so I presume they'd do something similar with three
Any joint subject course doesnt actually involve more work - ie, it isnt like doing two or three separate degrees all at once.

A single subject degree ('English') will usually consist of two parallel units each term - and a joint honours course ('English and Politics') would mean one unit in each subject. If the course is three subjects (French, German and Italian') or a combined degree ('Humanities') then you will still be doing only two parallel units or one and two 'half' units, or two main units and an extra language course etc.

If this isnt clear from the course description, then email the dept. and ask them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending