The Student Room Group
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames

Foundation Science year and Biomedical Sciences

Hey!
Is anyone else going to do biomedical sciences with a science foundation year at kingston in september?
Reply 1
Hello!

I will be doing the science foundation year, as I have been accepted into doing Nutrition with the year included.

Nice to meet you :smile:
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames
Reply 2
Original post by loveybee
Hello!

I will be doing the science foundation year, as I have been accepted into doing Nutrition with the year included.

Nice to meet you :smile:

Cool! Nice to meet you too :smile: Do you know which accommodation you're in yet?
Reply 3
Hi, I'm doing science foundation year but will be doing biochemistry :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Babesh1
Hi, I'm doing science foundation year but will be doing biochemistry :smile:

Do you know if we need to do any reading or anything before we start?
Reply 5
Does anyone know when the foundation course starts??
Reply 6
I haven't been told or heard anything about reading or anything. Infact I don't actually know much about our course in terms of when we start or if we need to do anything before we start. Have you heard anything?
Reply 7
I called them about when it starts and they said mid September, which I'm guessing is around the 21st when other courses start. They also said they're sending emails about reading lists and enrolment so guess we'll find out then
Reply 8
Im currently in fulltime work and they keep asking me at my workplace what my availability is. Do you guys think we will be sent our timetables ahead of time?

I also know a day I cant come to lectures due to a work-related meeting (final stage of promotion!) and if I could tell my lecture ahead of time, Id feel alot better about it.
Reply 9
hiya im also doing biomed with a fondation year in science, nice to meet you! do any of you guys know whats actually happening during freshers in kingston
Reply 10
Reply 11
Hi,
I'm also doing the Biomedical Science foundation year course :smile:
Has anyone heard anymore about the induction week for us?
I called them up today, they said that we'll get all the information we need regarding that at enrolment this weekend :smile:

Also, apparently there was some induction day for us at Kingston College, but I never heard anything about it, did you, by any chance?
Reply 13
I have received an email during the week from the Kingston College Admissions about the Science pathway timetable. I assume everyone will get this email at some point as I had to complete an enrolment online for the college.

We also have to enrol with the college on Tuesday 22nd and will given times on the Monday. If no one else has received the email, I can post the timetable if you all want me to :smile:
Reply 14
Hey guys

I have few books to sell. I used to study biomed at Kingston a few years ago.

email me if you are interested at [email protected]

£15 (originally £25) Cellular Pathology, second edition by D.J. Cook

£18 (originally £28) Essential Haematology 5TH EDITION by Victor Hoffbrand, Paul Moss and John Pettit. Blackwell Science, Inc., 2007.

£20 (originally £34) Clinical Chemistry, Sixth Edition. By W J Marshall and S K Bangert.

£30 (originally £54)The Immune System, 3rd Edition by Peter Parham Paperback

£50 (originally £128) iGenetics: A Molecular Approach (Book and CD) by Peter J. Russell

:biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending