The Student Room Group

Do ucas points stack?

Hi guys, this is a question most of you have read all of the time but when i first started college i did a sports course and decided I didn't want to go to uni.
So I went back to college and studied computer animation... I know big difference. But when I was at the uni open day I was told different things by different tutors
so now my track application has been changed but since I was told they would stack I took my foot off of the gas at college and just became lazy thinking
I was already into uni. Can anyone shine any light on this situation?
many thanks
Original post by jamesc1002
Hi guys, this is a question most of you have read all of the time but when i first started college i did a sports course and decided I didn't want to go to uni.
So I went back to college and studied computer animation... I know big difference. But when I was at the uni open day I was told different things by different tutors
so now my track application has been changed but since I was told they would stack I took my foot off of the gas at college and just became lazy thinking
I was already into uni. Can anyone shine any light on this situation?
many thanks

Hi, yes they should stack. I have a level 2 key skill which is apparently worth 10 points (wow) which was added on to my Extended Diploma's UCAS points too. The issue is, not all universities go on UCAS points but grades and grade equivalents for BTECs. So I assume you aren't doing A Levels, see if you can redo some units or, as my college allowed, having a project cover more units than is standard (say a project covers units x, y and z, ask if you can also include unit a and b in the marking criteria because you performed poorly). My college only allowed this in the final major project, mind.
I imagine you're still at college? I think you should get back on top of your work and stop being lazy with it.
I would just like to point out that I'm giving you a response based on what I know, which could be wrong. I just finished university so it's been a while since I applied through UCAS, but when I did everything stacked and so it should be fine. Still better apply effort with your work though. UCAS points might add up but if you've got some lower grade than you could have achieved to write down on your CV it looks a bit crap of you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending