The Student Room Group

In bit of sticky wickets- any help on the matter would be great

I have an offer for chemistry at kings, but i don't want to do chemistry. i am unaware of what i want to do in general, and i don't think it will come to me in the short space of time i have to decide and then even if i do decide i probably wont get space at uni i would most preferable want to go to. In addition, to that i have been looking at clearing option but non-fit the bill for me and also i dont want to jump into a course without doing enough research or else it will be a waste of a year.

So that leads me to option number 1 :
1. I go to uni at kings for chem but then ask to transfer within the first week or so to my chosen course which by then i would have figured out. But they could either say yes or no. Thats were another problem comes to light if they say "yes" thats great but if they say "no" i could potential be in debt for a course i dont want to do, even if i were to drop out to take a gap year i could still be charged with that debt.

Now the second option:
2. I could take gap year figure everything out and do some more research. Also do some extra alevel for my benefit like further maths and preferrable get a job etc build up my resume. But i could potentially be putting myself into huge debt due to the new policy changes etc.

Quick Reply

Latest