The Student Room Group

ANONYMOUS WARNING 2015 !!! U.S. Citizens Prepare for Impending Disaster

There are a lot of internet articles, videos and discussions saying that there is going to be a disaster or collapse in September (some say October) 2015. I am not endorsing this view or saying it is correct.

There is a valid economic argument that Western nations and Japan have "kicked the can down the road" for so long with QE and national debt that a major economic correction or disaster is inevitable. (Who knows when this could happen though).

Anonymous has made this video warning U.S. citizens of Impending Disaster.

How exciting!
Reply 2
So... what exactly is going to happen? This has to be the vaguest doomsday prophecy I've yet heard of, which is definitely saying something. A-- would not panic buy again.
Reply 3
Original post by Dez
So... what exactly is going to happen? This has to be the vaguest doomsday prophecy I've yet heard of, which is definitely saying something. A-- would not panic buy again.

This is one scenario:

(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by jordanbig
This is one scenario:

So a second Wall St. crash essentially? I'm not sure how exactly one goes about predicting something like that, but given how much scrutiny there is over things like currency, bonds and debt, I'd expect a lot more talk about it if a crash really was on the horizon. I mean, one could just come out of the blue, but to be predicted months in advance by some Internet nobody seems a bit unlikely.
Sounds like another doomsday conspiracy in the works. Still waiting for the results of the 2012 Apocalypse or Y2K.

Yawn...
(edited 8 years ago)
-_-
Reply 7
Original post by Dez
So a second Wall St. crash essentially? I'm not sure how exactly one goes about predicting something like that, but given how much scrutiny there is over things like currency, bonds and debt, I'd expect a lot more talk about it if a crash really was on the horizon. I mean, one could just come out of the blue, but to be predicted months in advance by some Internet nobody seems a bit unlikely.

Most of the theories point to some of the concerning signs in markets right now. Commodity price drops, China's devaluation and high western debt. But this is never really tied into a coherent theory. The world ending in 2012 had a better explanation behind it.
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Fango_Jett
Sounds like another doomsday conspiracy in the works. Still waiting for the results of the 2012 Apocalypse or Y2K.

Yawn...

Y2K was based upon valid concerns over the way most computers were programmed and dealt with the date, it was something programmers actually dealt with to prevent issues, which is why nothing catastrophic actually happened, but things COULD have gone very wrong with it.
Reply 9
Original post by limetang
Y2K was based upon valid concerns over the way most computers were programmed and dealt with the date, it was something programmers actually dealt with to prevent issues, which is why nothing catastrophic actually happened, but things COULD have gone very wrong with it.

Not really, it was overhyped to oblivion. The chances that Y2k could ever have caused massive disruption or chaos was precisely zero. Most systems would've failed gracefully by storing dates as 1900 (easily fixed), those that didn't were patched long before it became a problem.
Reply 10
Doubt there is anything to this but if there is even a grain of truth in this im guessing it will be an economic disaster, most notably hyper inflation
It looks like it was today. The cause probably being the updated software allows the hackers to inspect both and find the weak point. The only thing that was ever kept secret was by a guy in America who had about 5 trusted staff and no oneKnew for ten years what it was. It was made by hand. The worst thing to do is keep updating stuff. I like apple because the reason I think they are so good is because it fits to you're hand then everyone just copied them but they try their best to hit the sweet spot every time. Again no one knew the iPhone was coming Steve Jobs kept it a secret until the release day and that followed the next versions. As we can see is that it is the most successful company the device hasn't actually changed much from the start.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending