The Student Room Group

UCAS Clearing Defering Place

Afternoon Guys!

Need some advice!

I have just been offered a place at a uni for this year (September 2015), but unfortunately I am having to defer the place till next year (September 2016).

I am just wondering, if I confirm this university place, can I apply for places at other universities for next year? As I would like to study closer to home if possible.

Any information would be greatly appreciated!
Original post by KIMOTHY09
Afternoon Guys!

Need some advice!

I have just been offered a place at a uni for this year (September 2015), but unfortunately I am having to defer the place till next year (September 2016).

I am just wondering, if I confirm this university place, can I apply for places at other universities for next year? As I would like to study closer to home if possible.

Hi i don't think so the idea of clearing is for Unis to fill up places for this year. If you defer you are defying the objective of why unis use clearing.
Afternoon Guys!

Need some advice!

Making another application would cancel your previous university place I m afraid.
Reply 3
Original post by Aidan.reed
Hi i don't think so the idea of clearing is for Unis to fill up places for this year. If you defer you are defying the objective of why unis use clearing.

They've offered the defer to me due to circumstances that I would not like to discuss on an open forum.

I am just wondering whether it is possible to apply to other uni's for September 2016, even if I accept the place at the uni?
Reply 4
Original post by claireestelle
Making another application would cancel your previous university place I m afraid.

Ahhh okkk, I see. I'd rather ask the question that's all.

Many Thanks.
Afternoon Guys!

Need some advice!

Hi :biggrin: I did this last year, like yourself to study closer to home. I would probably recommend deferring your place to start with for the year. You would still have the guarantee of a place, while you went to open days and looked at other unis. If you are 100% sure that you would then want to make an application to the other university then you would have to ask admissions to withdraw your place. This would then allow you to submit another application through UCA's (remembering that the UCAS deadline for applications is January).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending