The Student Room Group

Is it possible to redo chemistry a level in one year?

Hey, I want to do biomedical sciences and most of my courses require: AAA,AAB or ABB.
In my AS grades I got:
Biology:B-> 228 UMS
Maths: C-208 UMS so 2 points off a B
Chemistry: D-> 172 UMS

I was thinking of redoing chemistry and core 1 and core 2 to boost my grades.
I'm pretty secure in my understanding of core 1 and core 2 though.

Is this realistically possible or not?
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses. :redface:

I'm going to quote in Tank Girl now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :h: :yy:

Spoiler

Hello! This has been moved to the chemistry forum now. :smile:
Original post by RandomStudent420
Hey, I want to do biomedical sciences and most of my courses require: AAA,AAB or ABB.
In my AS grades I got:

Hi! I sat all of the chemistry exams this year, and I've turned out with an A this year, so I would definitely say it is possible, as a lot of AS knowledge is in A2 so it isn't a massive addition to do both the AS exams! (I got a low B at AS, as long as you're motivated you could definitely get a B and an A if you really try, and I would say to start your practice, now!!)
Hope this is of help!:smile:
Original post by LaurenCocking
Hi! I sat all of the chemistry exams this year, and I've turned out with an A this year, so I would definitely say it is possible, as a lot of AS knowledge is in A2 so it isn't a massive addition to do both the AS exams! (I got a low B at AS, as long as you're motivated you could definitely get a B and an A if you really try, and I would say to start your practice, now!!)
Hope this is of help!:smile:

Thank you for the positivity, it was definitely needed!
You definitely can and a lot of people do. I would advise that you sit in AS classes as well as A2 rather than just revise AS in your spare time; you will get fewer frees but you're more likely to do much better that way.
Good luck :smile:
Reply 6
If you plan to improve, you will need to do MORE work in preparation for the re-takes than you did the first time round - else why do you expect to do better?

Put yourself in the schools of the current year elevens, they won't be taking exams in year twelve - all their exams will be at the end of year thirteen! i.e. if they can do it, so can you.
Reply 7
yes!
i got an E at the end of AS. My teacher told me id be lucky to get a grade at all which resulted in me wanting to prove her wrong so badly i redid both AS exams in my A2 year and ended with a high C.
Surprising what can happen if you put your mind to something :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by RandomStudent420
In my AS grades I got:

I think its definitely possible if you put your mind into it, work hard and take some additional help from a good tutor.
Original post by emmah177
yes!
i got an E at the end of AS. My teacher told me id be lucky to get a grade at all which resulted in me wanting to prove her wrong so badly i redid both AS exams in my A2 year and ended with a high C.
Surprising what can happen if you put your mind to something :smile:

hey,

I just wanted to know was it hard doing A2 and studying for chem AS at the same time??

Quick Reply

Latest