The Student Room Group

How useful are chemistry tutors?

I'm going into a2 chemistry and I'm considering finding a tutor for chemistry. I found it hard in AS to understand the content in class with how my chemistry teachers explained things. When I went to get help from them I generally didn't learn well that way so I'm not sure a 1-to-1 tutor be useful. How do 1-to-1 tutors teach? Also, I've heard about tutors doing group sessions, what are they like and where do I find them?
Any information about tutors is great even if it's not chemistry specific !
Reply 1
If you find a good one, it'll be good. If you get a bad one, it won't be good.

If you do go for one, tell him/her exactly what your problems are, don't just sit them expecting them to do all of the work. You'll get much better results as the sessions will be focussed.
Reply 2
Original post by Pigster
If you find a good one, it'll be good. If you get a bad one, it won't be good.

If you do go for one, tell him/her exactly what your problems are, don't just sit them expecting them to do all of the work. You'll get much better results as the sessions will be focussed.

Thank you for the advice. I'll keep it in mind(:
Reply 3
Original post by Ambsey
I'm going into a2 chemistry and I'm considering finding a tutor for chemistry. I found it hard in AS to understand the content in class with how my chemistry teachers explained things. When I went to get help from them I generally didn't learn well that way so I'm not sure a 1-to-1 tutor be useful. How do 1-to-1 tutors teach? Also, I've heard about tutors doing group sessions, what are they like and where do I find them?
Any information about tutors is great even if it's not chemistry specific !

Well i think if you find the right tutor, it can be really really beneficial. Just make sure you tell him/her your problems and they cover the course properly along with answering to your pain points. I've in boxed you a really nice option :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by a_azam
Well i think if you find the right tutor, it can be really really beneficial. Just make sure you tell him/her your problems and they cover the course properly along with answering to your pain points. I've in boxed you a really nice option :smile:

Thank you for the advice and thank you for the message you in boxed me! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest